LibreOffice 4.1 and Bru'n Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ResumeMan

Reaction score
Question to Martin or others who might know.

I see on the Bru'n Water site that there's a warning about issues in LibreOffice 4.0, and a recommendation to use v. 3.6. My Linux PC is currently using v. 4.0.2.2. I just went to the LibreOffice website to see about maybe downgrading, and I see that v. 4.1 is now available.

Anyone know if this new version fixes the issues that Bru'n Water was having with 4.0? I don't really want to get into a bunch of testing if someone's already figured it out. Thanks.

I haven't checked the 4.1 version. But I have recently installed the 4.0 version of OpenOffice. That seems to work well and also displays the pop-up comments.

I suppose I'll need to check out the new 4.1 LibreOffice version out.

I've recently upgraded to Libreoffice 4.1.1.2 and it seems to run Bru'n water fine, but admittedly I've only plugged some numbers in off the top of my head to see if it was working, rather than an actual recipe.
I skipped over 4.0 so am not sure what the actual issues were so I may be missing something...

(ps thank-you Martin for a great spreadsheet!)

Back