Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today on the river

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412452986.735695.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1412453002.933662.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1412453017.487588.jpg

Anyone have any connections around southern AZ for Boston Terriers? We don't want big money papered dogs, but would like some BTs. So far online, I've found a BT network but the pups are 1k plus each. No thanks.
Dyna came from the humane society and we'll probably just go back there and see what we can find. We really would like a pair of Bostons though. D

Sent from my magic box, using only my thumbs.

https://www.petfinder.com/pet-searc...mary_breed=Boston+Terrier&distance=&pet_name=

Petfinder is great because it lets you search pretty much every rescue, shelter and agency in a given area by breed, age, sutibility for kids/cats/etc.

I'm going to be all over that site when I'm done brewing. Very cool!

Sent from my magic box, using only my thumbs.

Anyone have any connections around southern AZ for Boston Terriers? We don't want big money papered dogs, but would like some BTs. So far online, I've found a BT network but the pups are 1k plus each. No thanks.
Dyna came from the humane society and we'll probably just go back there and see what we can find. We really would like a pair of Bostons though. D

A pair for what purpose? You will only get neutered dogs if you adopt them from shelters. If you've got breeding in mind, then be prepared to pay for dogs that aren't neutered.

This is Finnegan! He's a border collie from a sheep farm. I've had him since he was tiny. He's a little neurotic and weird, and thinks a lot of strange sounds in this world need to die a horrible death. He also has the worst case of ADD I've ever seen in a border collie - at the age of six he still doesn't have a reliable recall.

He fetches balls like a madman, thinks that blown bubbles are the greatest thing on the planet, and is a pro couch snuggler. He's my co-pilot and the best cure for anxiety in the world. I love him.

backyard5.jpg

base5.jpg

backyard9.jpg

apr14-3.jpg

My parents gave our dog, Tesla, a rope chew toy to munch on two days ago.

He has already ripped the rubber handle off and chewed one of the ropes in half.

image.jpg

This is Finnegan! He's a border collie from a sheep farm. I've had him since he was tiny. He's a little neurotic and weird, and thinks a lot of strange sounds in this world need to die a horrible death. He also has the worst case of ADD I've ever seen in a border collie - at the age of six he still doesn't have a reliable recall.

He fetches balls like a madman, thinks that blown bubbles are the greatest thing on the planet, and is a pro couch snuggler. He's my co-pilot and the best cure for anxiety in the world. I love him.

Yep, I kind of like Finnegan now too!

I love terriers. They are just my favorite dogs ever. The attitude, the eyes, the alertness, the strength... all excellent traits.

What is he, some sort of rat terrier / doberman mix?

He's a purebred miniature Pinscher. Lot's of personality, playful and won't sleep unless he's burrowed under a blanket. I'm babysitting his little brother at the moment and that one acts like a total princess, haha. Funny little guys.

1.30 AM, dogs were pacing the bedroom floor like crazy. I couldn't figure it out, so I took them outside. No big emergency for either one of them.

Not a cloud in the sky, just a HUGE sized 100% full moon.

1.30 AM, dogs were pacing the bedroom floor like crazy. I couldn't figure it out, so I took them outside. No big emergency for either one of them.

Not a cloud in the sky, just a HUGE sized 100% full moon.

Yah. The Eegs was restless last night as well.

About 2 weeks ago, my wife and I adopted Coach, a yellow lab, from the Cincinnati Lab Rescue Shelter. Apparently he and his girlfriend and their puppies were in bad shape in a run down shelter in West Virginia and were going to be euthanized. So the rescue shelter went out there and saved them. Unfortunately, one of the puppies ended up dying.

He's about 2.5 years old, they think, but either he is mixed with something else or they estimated his age wrong because he is smaller but has some big paws. But so far he has been great. Its our first dog and we are happy that we were able to finally give him a good home.

This is him on the ride home after we adopted him.

1560464_10100827144757348_846654728248948564_n.jpg

About 2 weeks ago, my wife and I adopted Coach, a yellow lab, from the Cincinnati Lab Rescue Shelter. Apparently he and his girlfriend and their puppies were in bad shape in a run down shelter in West Virginia and were going to be euthanized. So the rescue shelter went out there and saved them. Unfortunately, one of the puppies ended up dying.

He's about 2.5 years old, they think, but either he is mixed with something else or they estimated his age wrong because he is smaller but has some big paws. But so far he has been great. Its our first dog and we are happy that we were able to finally give him a good home.

This is him on the ride home after we adopted him.

very nice you let Coach rescue you.

Not my dog, but with heavy heart I would like to mark the passing of my friend's Rottie, Reggie. Sir Reginald, Rottius Rottenhauser McRots, or Deathmachine as he was sometimes called just recently contracted an amazingly aggressive kidney disease. Within a week he passed over the rainbow bridge.

Other than just being a good boy Reggie had very recently been certified as a therapy dog due to his slow, easygoing and affectionate manner. Cats used to nap on him without fear, the old folks at the assisted living facilities nearby would beam when he came around, and he was the very first dog that upwards of 20 kids had ever pet.

Since I got 100% disabled and confined to a wheel chair I have a service dog named Dixie. She is trained to tune in on my breathing and if I am struggling with low blood pressure. Don't ask me how she knows, but she has saved my life twice already. The first time by BP was 54/33 and that called for a quick ambulance ride to the hospital, the second time I was getting locked up and could not breath. She is amazing and also has adopted my wife and watches over her too. My son just moved back from Texas and she is very friendly with him and goes to him for attention frequently too. So our house is good because she is also a great door bell and warning dog too.

Wheelchair Bob

Since I got 100% disabled and confined to a wheel chair I have a service dog named Dixie. She is trained to tune in on my breathing and if I am struggling with low blood pressure. Don't ask me how she knows, but she has saved my life twice already. The first time by BP was 54/33 and that called for a quick ambulance ride to the hospital, the second time I was getting locked up and could not breath. She is amazing and also has adopted my wife and watches over her too. My son just moved back from Texas and she is very friendly with him and goes to him for attention frequently too. So our house is good because she is also a great door bell and warning dog too.

Wheelchair Bob

Man it's amazing what dogs are capable of. Our ancestors scored big time sharing their fire and food with them back in the day.

Latest posts

Back