Remoting CO2 and Mounting Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, as the title implies, I am planning on remoting my CO2 tank to the outside of my kegerator, as well as mounting the regulator to the inside of the fridge. Two questions have popped into my head:

1. How does one mount a (relatively) weighty piece of equipment like a regulator to the 1/8" plastic interior wall of a refrigerator?

and

2. The high pressure hose I plan on buying, I understand how it connects to my tank, but what kind of connection is on the end there? How does it connect to my regulator?

for the price of the hose, is it worth it?? you can buy a secondary regulator.

for the price of the hose, is it worth it?? you can buy a secondary regulator.

I think it's worth it, but that's just my opinion. My reasoning is that I only have a five pound tank, and the dual body regulator is constantly causing it to fall over, and has caused some damage to the regulator. If I use the high pressure hose, I can resolve this problem. Also, the cost of 2-4 secondary regulators would be just as much, and I would still want to mount them in the fridge.

Just my opinion but I would spring for a 20# tank and keep the 5# tank as a spare. I would avoid running high-pressure into the keezer, not only for safety reasons but even the tiniest leak at high-pressure is going to empty your tank WAY faster than a leak at low pressure.

FWIW, I have my tank and reg outside of the keezer and wouldn't have it any other way. Easy to monitor, adjust, etc. without ever opening the lid. And it's not in the way when I'm swapping out kegs or cleaning or whatever.

It looks like there is some sort of adapter for that hose that is not shown. They mention it in the 'Detailed Description' tab but I have no idea what it is.

Latest posts

Back