What is the best "neutral hops"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patirck

Reaction score
I am looking for a bittering hop that will do just that - it is for a very low ibu fruit beer and I'm looking for something that will get me to 10 or 12 ibus without anyone noticing it. I was thinking of Hallertau, or Magnum.

Northern Brewer is said by freshops.com to be neutral/clean & high bittering value of 7-11%AAU. Pride of Ringwood is neutral to slightly fruity,but hard to get.

Magnum is great. Almost no hop flavor/aroma from bittering additions, though it can be somewhat spicy if used later in the boil.

nuggett, northern brewer, or magnum would be my top choices (in order of the quantity i have on hand of each.)

When i've sought a clean solely bittering hop i've gone to nugget repeatedly, first because i had over a pound of it around, but after a couple batches i knew i could trust it to just be bitter, and nothing more.

I ended up going with nugget - the lhbs had it with 12.6% alpha acid. I was able to get 12 ibus with .25 oz.

Back