And the winner is............

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh god, my step mom drinks that mgd 64 crap. I tried it once, it reminded me of how fake sugar tastes. Worst drink ever.

I got tired after three clicks.

F those D-bags! I'll take my homebrew and beer gut any day over a salad and glass of water.

Stupid health nuts:drunk:

Ha, first beer that shows up (going worst to best) is SN Bigfoot, the beer I just finished...

Worth it.

have you guys seen Bud Select "55" yet? Just saw it tonight, its the "lowest calorie beer in the world," although they still pulled off 4%ABV somehow.

have you guys seen Bud Select "55" yet? Just saw it tonight, its the "lowest calorie beer in the world," although they still pulled off 4%ABV somehow.

That's impossible. Alcohol is about 7 calories per gram of pure ethanol.
At 4% ABV * 12 fl oz = 0.48 fl oz of ethanol.
.48 fl oz to mL = 14.195mL
14.195mL * .789g/mL = ~11.2g
11.2g * 7g/kcal = 78.4 calories from ethanol

Working backwards....

55kcal / 7g/kcal = 7.857g
7.857g / .789g/mL = 9.958mL
9.958mL to fl oz = .3367fl oz
.3367 fl oz / 12 fl oz = .028 * 100 = 2.8% ABV if all calories are from alcohol.

What you can take away from this is light beer also means light in alcohol, and big alcohol beers will always be high in calories.

you know they could get those calories even lower if they just went with an ethanol and water mix. Maybe put a 0 cal beer flavoring in it. Or what a bout an O'Douls 55?

Back