Quick bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Can I put some wine in beer bottles and cap em for single servings? Werarely drink an entire bottle at one setting.

I got 15 wine bottles and 21 12 oz beer bottles...... I used the beer for the reason stated above AND I was out of corks.

I have used clear 1 liter Aqua Panna bottles for beer, the cap nicely and I just keep them wrapped in paper bags and in closed boxes where they do not see any light. So far, haven't skunked any of them. Is wine as sensitive to the light? I am about to make some Welches wine (first home made wine) and it would be perfect to bottle 1 gallon into 4 1 liter bottles, but I am not sure how the light will affect the wine. Most wine bottles are green glass so my primary thought would be that it isn't as sensitive, but would like to find out.

I plan on doing this for all of the Welches wine because it seems silly to invest in new equipment for what started as a budget project.

Back