late bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronin

Reaction score
Hey I am being a lazy bottler here and I am wondering.... I have this brew in secondary now for over 3 weeks and it is just crystal clear...

when I go to rack and prime, should I drag the cane across the bottom a bit just to get a bit of yeasties up into the bottles?

Thanks Revvy,

So I went ahead and bottled today.... and another questions now. This beer was flat.
I usually have lots of CO2 when bottling and bubbles acumilating in the hoses, etc. but not this stuff there was nothing.
Is that okay?

Thanks Revvy,

So I went ahead and bottled today.... and another questions now. This beer was flat.
I usually have lots of CO2 when bottling and bubbles acumilating in the hoses, etc. but not this stuff there was nothing.
Is that okay?

No. It's ruined. Throw it out immediately!

Seriously, it's probably fine. As long as you remembered to prime, just give it time (2 weeks is often not long enough, especially with a yeast that's somewhat stressed) and RDWHAHB.

Back