Going on a Vermont beer road trip, looking for tips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of sucks you missed out on the Second Fiddle. It might have been my favorite beer I was able to find throughout the whole trip.. aside from maybe Focal Banger.

And yes, Prohibition Pig was awesome.. not to mention the bottle shop right next to it had an awesome selection of stuff you can't find in the Midwest.

View attachment 307380
Just got back today from my trip there. I think I was arriving as you were leaving. I had a growler of the Brett Medley too, it was good. My only complaint is Fiddlehead is out of cans of second fiddle until next week.

Thanks for all the recommendations! Pro Pig was amazing!

Is the new building up at Hill Farmstead? When I was there last summer, they were putting up a sampling area. Was it in operation?

The new tasting room was open and semi-operational when I visited a couple weeks back. No seating or anything like that yet. The bar itself looked almost done and was absolutely gorgeous. Check out their Facebook page to see a good picture of it.

This was posted on their website about a week ago :

"Tomorrow, Weds. 10/7, is the soft opening of our new retail building across the parking area from the original retail shop. The new space is designed for filling growlers and a limited selection of 40cl pours and on-site bottle options (including, but not limited to Civil Disobedience 13). We are eliminating limits on growler fills!

The former retail location will now be open for bottles, glassware and merchandise (we will not be selling bottles and merchandise in the new shop—growlers and glass pours only).

We look forward to welcoming you to our new space! Special thanks to Darren of Leaning Maples Woodcraft for his amazing work on the bar and the continuing projects you'll see when you visit."

I have a picture I took of the new tasting room but I don't have access from work. I'll post it when I can

Figured out how to pull it up, probably not the best picture. Doesn't really capture the whole room but what the hell :

IMG_20150926_122212372.jpg

Latest posts

Back