Hello! Another from Portland, OR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
I signed up earlier this week and have already asked a ton of questions. So I figured I would formally introduce myself. Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far. What a great place.

A little about me:
I am a CPA working in the Portland area. We are pretty slow right now but the busy season is just around the corner. I am an avid fisherman and hunter. I love to golf and with golf comes beer...man I love beer! I went to school breifly in Bend, OR home of Deschutes Brewery. I was spoiled with free kegs of beer because my roomate worked for the brewery. Another roomate of mine in Bend ended up being the brewmeister (briefly)for Rogue Brewery. So, I have had greatness around me and now Im trying to brew some beer on my own now. Did I mention I love beer?

Brewing history:
basically none; I bought a kit(true brew) some 8 years ago in Bozeman, Montana and made a batch of IPA that actually turned out alright. After that skiing, fishing, hunting...etc consumed me. Well a couple weeks ago I was in my garage looking around and saw all the gear I still have and decided to clean everything up and I now have two batches fermenting. I have not even scratched the surface yet but Im ready to learn and make some awesome beer!

Cheers!

Welcome! I was just up in Portland yesterday and hit the Rogue pub with EvilTOJ...another HBT member in Portland. HBT is a great resource...but sometimes I think it's like a community of enablers, just deepening my addiction to brewing :D. Enjoy!!!

I'm in NE Portland right next to Amnesia Brewing. Lots of great breweries in the area. Welcome fellow Portlander...

Back