Hello from Nebraska

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brule

Reaction score
Hello,

Just registered after finding this forum full of tasty, good info. I live in a small town in Nebraska and have wanted to homebrew for a long time. A good friend of mine is pretty serious with the hobby and has the big setup, making some great brews. While new I do have a good idea of what the hobby requires.

I love many things, favs probably IPAs. Also been hooked on wine recently and would like to see where that leads. Just made a big order to Midwest for supplies and will (hopefully) be making first batch by this weekend. Glad to be here and hope to gleam a bunch from those more experienced than I. ;)

Welcome to HBT! What town are you in?

York right now. (that's about an hour west of Lincoln for those not familiar with the area) Waiting for supplies to arrive via fedex as I haven't yet been to the homebrew shop in Lincoln yet.

Welcome to the forum. You can try Kirk's in Lincoln, as the Reverend said, or Frank at Fementer's Supply in Omaha. Otherwise it's online shopping and that's where I get most of mine.

Once again, thanks for all the kind introductions. I'm glad to see a nice sized collection of homebrewers from our state. Had a few delays in getting all items ready, but will be starting first batch in the next 2 days; a Red Irish Ale.

I'll keep telling you NE folks that the Seward detassling crew always out worked the Lincoln crew! Except when we had to go to Millford...

I'll keep telling you NE folks that the Seward detassling crew always out worked the Lincoln crew! Except when we had to go to Millford...

Seward eh? Grew up in Utica here... so I hate Milford. :p

Brule, I live in Eagle ( 10 min East of Lincoln )I can make it to york from Kirks (LHBS) in 45 min. I like to buy from the local guy, it may be a little more exspensive, but most of Kirks stuff is very reasonable. Your in good company with all the people on this forum, just bring your love for beer, a willingness to learn, and leave your attitude @ home.:mug:

Brule, I live in Eagle ( 10 min East of Lincoln )I can make it to york from Kirks (LHBS) in 45 min. I like to buy from the local guy, it may be a little more exspensive, but most of Kirks stuff is very reasonable. Your in good company with all the people on this forum, just bring your love for beer, a willingness to learn, and leave your attitude @ home.:mug:

I did stop in at Kirk's not long ago. He had a CAO cigar calendar up and Pink Floyd on the radio, both great signs. Seems like a nice guy but prices are slightly higher than internet vendors. I'll certainly buy from him again but it's more a matter of availability than price and I don't get to Lincoln that often.

Latest posts

Back