Hurricane burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
Rather than hijack the bayou 210,000 burner thread i thought i would start one on the hurricane burner.

Has anyone used this burner before? I asked for the bayou one for christmas but got this one instead. It looks great and i gave it a test fire just to see how it worked with out anything above the burner. I am hoping to brew tonight with it for the first time.

Any tips for using this burner out there?

http://www.northernbrewer.com/pics/fullsize/hurricane-burner.jpg

Everything but the base and the flow valve looks the same as the Bayou Banjo KickA.

That flow valve might be hard to reach. Its near the regulator on the Banjo.

I have a keggle. But with a regular fish fryer burner i had to use 2 peices of 1/8" thick, 2" wide, steel along the sides to secure and i imagine the same will be true of this. There is an air flow regulator where the gas hose hooks up to the rig, is that what you mean by flow valve?

He means the little brass knob you have to turn to get the gas to flow. The air flow inlet is different. Looks like it should get plenty hot.

Back