sprayed my march pump during cleanup, anything to worry about?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisS

I like cold beverages
Reaction score
I was spraying water on the bottom of a pot and shot the water across the patio and some spray got on the pump. it wasn't running and I have not needed to run it since then.

Ok just to let it air dry?

I know that people say don't get it wet so I am just wondering how tolareant the pump actually is

Absolutely let it dry. Don't try to run it until it does. Water itself causes little damage to electrical and electronic components, it's the current that uses the water as a bridge to jump around that is the issue. If you've hit it with straight water while it was off you'll be fine.

You can always put it in your oven and bake it at very low temperature. Try it in the oven at 100* to 110* F for 15 to 20 minutes. Water isn't going to hurt your pump as long as you dry it out before using it again. I have washed many a computer keyboard in the dishwasher and baked them dry at a low temp in the oven. It always worked.

ok sounds like I am fine here. I am not going to be using it a while so it will be bone dry by the time I use it.

thanks.

I used to assemble microwave amplifier circuit boards that had a cost of about $2000 each and we'd scrub off the flux residue under scalding water and brush the heck out of it with a brush with dish detergent. Sawdust is right... it's the water + electricity that ruins stuff.

Back