alot of head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsalot

Reaction score
I opened a ipa and the head started to erupt out of the bottle mixing all the sediment at the bottom, any thoughts

Hm... was it chilled first? Assuming it was it's probably highly carbonated, so watch out for bottle bombs. Of course it maybe just be a single bottle that has gotten a little more priming sugar than the others. But from your post "WE" really don't know. Try another bottle and see if it's the same. Let us know how you carbonated.

Let us know the particulars- when you bottled and how much priming sugar you used. There are several possiblilies- bottled too soon, too much priming sugar, gusher infection, etc.

There are different things to do depending on the cause of it.

I had the same problem. it was because the room i had the beer in got to hot a few times and super carbonated the bottle.

southern brewer said:
I had the same problem. it was because the room i had the beer in got to hot a few times and super carbonated the bottle.

Assuming you chilled it first, a hot room during priming won't cause over carbonation alone. Yooper listed all the reason that I know of.

YooperBrew said:
bottled too soon, too much priming sugar, gusher infection, etc.

YooperBrew said:
Let us know the particulars- when you bottled and how much priming sugar you used. There are several possiblilies- bottled too soon, too much priming sugar, gusher infection, etc.

Gusher Infection?

Back