Can't wait for my first beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weem25

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch of beer today. I have started the countdown to the first taste which happens to be valentine's day(figuring two weeks minimum in bottle).

I went with the Newcastle Brown Ale for the first attempt. Next weekend I am going to try my hand at a clone of Hennepin by Ommegang.

Ooooooohhhhh you are gonna LOVE that brew!

They are going to taste marvelous at 2 weeks, but I would really wait the 3 week rule. (If I could do it again)

They tasted great at 2 weeks (and I damn near drank them all) but at 3 weeks they are heaven. Speaking of which... I think I have a couple in the fridge calling me!
-Me

As Big Kahuna would say, "Don't be a beer pedophile." But, it might be worth opening one at the one week mark to learn what green beer tastes like. I usually test all my beers at one week intervals just to understand how each recipe develops over time. With that said, it will probably keep getting better for at least four or five weeks.

Back