Any brewers in the Conway Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying a little 007 marathon, and some of Bob's accidental sour beer.

Hope everyone is getting ready for a great Thanksgiving.

Enjoying a little 007 marathon, and some of Bob's accidental sour beer.

Hope everyone is getting ready for a great Thanksgiving.

I watched Clint Eastwood movies all afternoon... I'm sure glad some of that beer didn't get poured out! I do prefer my Rye PA though... :mug:

I watched Clint Eastwood movies all afternoon... I'm sure glad some of that beer didn't get poured out! I do prefer my Rye PA though... :mug:

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is my favorite movie ever! But there's no such thing as a bad Eastwood movie.

I would prefer the Rye PA too, but the Sour is quite tasty. I've been drinking it all evening and haven't managed to finish a gallon yet.

Did you try a Willamette Pale Ale?

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is my favorite movie ever! But there's no such thing as a bad Eastwood movie.

I would prefer the Rye PA too, but the Sour is quite tasty. I've been drinking it all evening and haven't managed to finish a gallon yet.

Did you try a Willamette Pale Ale?

Pale Rider was one I watched today... a great movie.
I didn't drink anything after you left... but I will have one tomorrow with my (early)Thanksgiving meal... :mug: ... one of the Porters might be good for desert... :rockin:

Pale Rider was one I watched today... a great movie.
I didn't drink anything after you left... but I will have one tomorrow with my (early)Thanksgiving meal... :mug: ... one of the Porters might be good for desert... :rockin:

Still on the sour, almost polished off a gallon.

Got my turkey brining, and have been working on my circuit board layout.

Here is what I've been working on.

brewsofar.png

everyone must be working...except me... it sure has been quiet on this thread lately. :)
I finally bottle my stout after 6 weeks of fermenting.. :ban:
What's up Eric?

Great looking Keezer iblandford- The pics loaded while I was posting!

Thanks man. Can't wait to keg something and try it out!

I hear ya... I kegged one of my wife's beers today and have another one ready to keg as soon as I can empty another keg. I bottled the Stout since it will last longer than I want for kegging. I try to keep 2 kegs of IPA/ Pale ale for me and 2 kegs of strong Blonde for my wife... keeps me busy sometimes. :mug:

Hello from Roscoooooooooooooo!!

Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas! I haven't gotten much done in the way of beer due to the wife being 38 weeks pregnant, but I am planning to bottle a RyePA in a day or 2, keep putting it off.

The club website is down at the moment because I'm switching computers for the server.

Anyone brewed any holiday beers?

Hello from Roscoooooooooooooo!!

Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas! I haven't gotten much done in the way of beer due to the wife being 38 weeks pregnant, but I am planning to bottle a RyePA in a day or 2, keep putting it off.

The club website is down at the moment because I'm switching computers for the server.

Anyone brewed any holiday beers?

I was just out walking and thinking I needed to call and check on you and your wife... glad to hear all is good... it won't be long now. :ban:

I have my Stout bottled and about carbed... my Rye PA is kegged and really tasty right now... and I just brewed a new cascade Pale Ale recipe using my Cathy beer recipe but hopping it at 60/30/15/5 minutes with varying amounts of yummy Cascade... should be OK. :)

:mug:

Hopefully everyone won't be flooded out over the next few days.

I've been sneaking a bit of my RyePA everyone couple nights, and my Chimay clone turned out especially well.

As for the club, someone posted in the CAF thread about having some of our brews in Rocktoberfest, which would be nice. I know the website is down right now, I had to make some major changes to the server, but it should be back up and running this weekend. Sure would like to find time to get together with some of ya'll.

welcome back "Daddy"... :)
I'm enjoying my Rye PA as well... and had one of your Chimays as well.
It doesn't look like we will get a huge amount of rain so maybe work won't be too bad for you.
I think I have my eBIAB controller wired except for the temp probe, which requires 6 wires to be soldered... maybe I'll get to it tomorrow. I was having a hard time with my SSR until I found out that it is a double relay instead of single... LOL.
Stop by for a cold one sometime.

I'm going to start organizing some events on behalf of our club around the end of every quarter, so March/June/September/December. So April 1st, I would like to invite anyone and everyone over to brew at my home. Come and bring your brew equipment, watch, hang out and take home some free beer. Will most likely have a pork butt on the smoker. I look forward to seeing some of you there!

I am running pretty low on homebrew at the moment so thinking about brewing another RypePA, just need to pick up some Rye next time I had in to the Big Rock.

I hope everyone is doing well, looks like we may have an early spring.

you know I'm always in for a brew day... :) and Rye pale ale will work for me big time... :) I need to make some more of that myself!

man... everyone is sure quiet lately... :confused: .. must be political... :drunk:

I hope the April Fools brew day is still a go... now I just need to decide what to brew... :)

Heck ya man, I still have to pick up some hops but I'm good to go. Even got the shop cleaned up and ready to go already! Hoping for good weather.

I just added 1 oz of Simcoe and 1 oz of Cascade PLUS 4oz of Moonshine / 1oz grapefruit zest to my new IPA.... it should be kegged and ready to try before brew day... :)

That sounds good! I'm on vacation this week and we're going to Hot Springs tomorrow night, may have to stop in Bathhouse Brewery for a pint.

Bathhouse Brewery was great as always, had the Kolsch again and I love the Madden. There is also a new pub called The Beer Cellar that is wroth checking out. They have pretty much every beer brewed in this state on tap.

Going to brew a Ruby Redbird clone on the club brew day coming up, smoked BBQ and baked beans it's looking like. Oh and, FREE BEER.

It may just be me and you I dunno, but I'm gonna host one at the end of every quarter so hopefully if folks can't make this one, they can make the next. Actually I say host, but if we can find other places or events I think that's fine too.

It may just be me and you I dunno, but I'm gonna host one at the end of every quarter so hopefully if folks can't make this one, they can make the next. Actually I say host, but if we can find other places or events I think that's fine too.

I'll post a link to the thread on HBT... maybe someone new will see it and come... I'm ready to teach a newb how easy all grain BIAB can be... or an old geezer like me that just wants to make life simple... LOL.
:ban:

That sounds good.

Hops and yeast came in today, got the fittings ordered for my pot, keep your fingers crossed.

Also getting ready for an upcoming bike tour, I wonder if I save enough weight, if I should take a 6er and across the top bar?

20170329_194304.jpg

I hope your fittings get here... if not, we can brew when they do... :) That bike seat 'hurts' just looking at it. LOL. I would definitely need a 6er after riding it myself. :D

Hey man your welcome, sure was great brewing again!

The last Saturday of the next quarter is June 24th, how does that sound to everyone? Bob said he might be wiling to host the next brew day.

I didn't take too many pics because I was so busy trying beer and brewing.

20170401_113147.jpg

20170401_113152.jpg

I brewed a nice Oatmeal Pale Ale Saturday. All is well in the Petit Jean Home Brewery for the moment. Looking forward to bottling some beer soon. Anyone tried any new beers lately?

Go Cards!

I brewed a batch of Cathy's Beer today... what a beautiful day it was. The garden is finally in and partially planted... the greenhouse is built and seeds are in flats... life is good.
:ban:

I just finished bottling a Pale Ale and I brewed an Oatmeal Stout this weekend. Irish Red fermenting away and am planning a brew this coming weekend.

Wondering if anyone plans to have beer ready for Little Rocktoberfest?

Hope everyone is well, Slainte!

Back