Can you only blend it or can you make it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hagbardceline

Reaction score
So I'm a big fan of a a poor mans black velvet.

Last night I was bottling my first apfelwein. I was drinking stout and mixed my deadspace apfelwein with the stout and it was tasty. I was drinking 750's with a grolsh style topper. I didn't finish it and left it for the next night. Tonight I was bottling my lovely sour Gose. I was drinking Saison for most of the time but I was in the process of finishing off my 750 of Poor Mans I had made the night before. I dumped the dead space of the Gose into my glass and it was pure heaven. Sour apple stout.

As best as I can figure is making a stout with brett - although I don't know if the darkness with frak with the brett (akaik only hops frak with the brett) but seriously this was one of the best things I have ever tasted. I suppose I could make three beers then bend them...or just bend them out of the bottle...

What do you guys think?

And on a related note - acid malt I have seen as being able to contribute to sourness (as in a guniess clone) or simply to lower the mash pH. Which is it? Or both? I wouldn't think the Lacto would be able to survive the boil...

Latest posts

Back