Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still working on a pole that attaches to these hairy beasts. I figure if they do the shedding, I'll just re-use and re-cycle and make them the dust mops.

View attachment 212674

/Will always still be figuring it out/

Minnie Aussies??

We have a couple of them too... too damn smart for their own good - the red tri is a male "Ike" and the blue merle is a female "Mamie". Charlie the mini Dachshund makes up for the Aussie smartness...

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 174
My boy axel at 7 months going for a ride in the jeep to pick up some RO water

image.jpg

Minnie Aussies??

We have a couple of them too... too damn smart for their own good - the red tri is a male "Ike" and the blue merle is a female "Mamie". Charlie the mini Dachshund makes up for the Aussie smartness...

Mini Aussies = concentrated full-size Aussie, reduced. Think about it. :)

MC

This guy is headed to the vet today and I think the verdict is going to be "he had a nice life...but it's time...".

547127_520530691335956_1792592874_n.jpg

That sucks, sorry to hear.

My dumb boxer got yet another eye ulcer over the weekend. I'm about to build her glasses just so she stops walking into random crap causing all these problems.

Vet wants to try something else before he throws in the towel. He gave us medication to treat mange. I am not confident that it will help, as he shares every minute of his life with his sister, who shows no signs of being sick. I thought mange was contagious?

Vet wants to try something else before he throws in the towel. He gave us medication to treat mange. I am not confident that it will help, as he shares every minute of his life with his sister, who shows no signs of being sick. I thought mange was contagious?

There are different types of mange, and I don't think all are contagious. Our Sheltie got one type last year, and it stayed pretty well contained to a raw spot on one leg. We got it cleared up in a month or so with pills and skin cream. Hopefully it works out that easily for you.

2 of our pug-types. Louie is a fawn pug and is easily entertained. He makes for good brewing company.

Ellie is a brindle boston/pug mix with a fetch addiction. She loves it when I take a beer outside, because she knows I lose track of time easily. :tank:

20140720_142952.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

Haha. I have a pair of doggles. The dog has only worn them once though... too cool. I think I actually have the pic of it in my phone. I will upload if I can find.

My poor boy, he's only been with us for a week and a half and yesterday he broke something in his foot (might need to get it x-rayed on Friday if no improvement).

10616023_10152738294747697_6727913153010130038_n.jpg

The irony: my little, jealous, terrier girl dug the hole last spring that he twisted his foot in while running around with her.

10559800_10152738296462697_8571785802078233328_n.jpg

our Goombah's adoption/birthday was this week, I was looking thru photos and videos of him

we only had him a short time, but he left some mighty deep paw prints in our hearts

miss you, Bubba

View attachment 217780

My Otis went down yesterday. First dog I ever owned. That was way tougher than I ever would have thought...stupid dog...

942002_486016884787337_1408092422_n.jpg

My Otis went down yesterday. First dog I ever owned. That was way tougher than I ever would have thought...stupid dog...

sorry to hear about Otis.

it's tough to say goodbye to our furry kids.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
― Will Rogers

Sorry to hear about Otis - we've only had to say goodbye to 1 dog so far, and it was very tough. Otis and Porkchop can have a beer together now.

(yes, he's sitting on Santa's lap)

Christmas Paw-ty_669-X32.jpg

Sorry to hear about Otis - we've only had to say goodbye to 1 dog so far, and it was very tough. Otis and Porkchop can have a beer together now.

(yes, he's sitting on Santa's lap)

Nice. Otis was a hophead. If I cracked an IPA, he came running and sat in attention until that thing was gone. I gave him a pretty good serving of Two Hearted Ale with a hot dog on his final night. He lapped that stuff up frantically, like he thought I was going to realize my mistake at any minute and take it away. He also liked scotch but I didn't want a puking dog on my hands...

On a less depressing note, we also have Daisy (aka the 10th reindeer). She is probably a bit lost without her brother today but I suspect the 3 kids in that house are going to overwhelm her with attention for a while here...she'll eat that right up.

1454799_570029623052729_935824720_n.jpg

Torpparinmäki. Maybe we could get together sometime and let the dogs play and think about brewing something to drink...

That will work. Pretty funny how this forum can find you someone just down the road from you. I run through your neighborhood on a regular basis.

Sent from tropical Finland

Dyna. Boxer/Ridgeback mix. She's been our beloved family member for 9 years. We rescued her from the pound.
She's turning gray and slowing down a bit, but she's still all about chasing a tennis ball and lizards.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408223872.386632.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back