Temperature controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BKorver,
You pretty much have to homebrew in UT right... I saw that they just passed some crazy law that you can't buy beer after 5pm or something STOOOOOOOPID like that...
I live in a "Dry" precinct of my county but I am only a few miles from the county line. In a pinch, I can just run over the County Line and pick up some "Name-brand" brew. Unfortunately, I have to drive 30 minutes to find my favorite Craft-Brew... Rahr & Sons

Nice write up. I ordered the same model about a week ago and am just waiting for it to show up. When it gets here I'll use your blog along with a couple others write ups I've found on here and it should be smooth sailing. Cheers!

I'm still new to brewing so I apologize if this is a dumb question.
I have one of those temp controllers on order, but I'm using mine to keep my "keezer" from going below freezing. However, I see a lot of people using them for fermenting. What are you fermenting and what temp do you keep it at?
I've just done Ale's so far with US-05 yeast so I'm told I just need to keep my fermenting in the upper 60's F and I'll be good. Should I be trying to keep it at a more consistent temp than my basement has to offer? (65-68 currently)

Thanks to bkover for this post. I ordered the temp controller for a fermentation issues I am having. For my use, I'm going to plug in a brew belt to the controller and have it power on when the room temps drop below my target temp. I will later use it for my keezer once I get it built.

@brewser7... if you are fermenting ales and can maintain a range of 65-68 you are doing well. My basement will drop to 59 at night when the heat is off or lowered and will jump to 67 during evening when I am home. I need the controller so I don't have to run the furnace all day.

Back