For Shirron Wort Chiller users

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a Shirron plate chiller and love it but I had some issues getting the right connections for the water in. I've got a quick disconnect that leaks and spits out water like crazy. What does everybody else use for the water in connection without extreme leaks? Any model numbers/sources to purchase would be great. Thanks!

If it were me, I'd have a barb fitting with hose clamp on all the inlets/outlets of your chiller (or if it's cheaper for the water side, hose connections). I have quick disconnects within some of my lines, but for all major valves...they're all barbs with hose clamps.

I had an extra set of washing machine hoses lying around so I used those, two rubber washers and some teflon tape. It doesn't leak.

Thanks Dave. Good thought, my only issue is I use the hose for all my cleaning etc. with a spray nozzle hose attachment.

So what are your hose lines looking like? My system is to have a splitter right at the socket: one line is for a RV filter/general water (which can accept a spray nozzle)....the other line is left over hose I had for making a connect to a counterflow chiller. If you'd need to buy and extra hose for washing....Target does have them for under $10!:ban:

Home depot has a male to male connections, just make sure that it has one side with hose fittings, I'm at work or I'd show a pic

Back