Hey from Minneapolis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildseedgrrrl

Reaction score
Hi,

Just joined the forum and so far I have found more information than I can possibly process in one sitting. I've been making wine since February and finally started my first beer on Sunday. It is an extract kit from Northern Brewer. I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible and stockpiling beer for the winter. I found this site because quite a few folks are on the winemakingtalk.com forum.

All-Grain looks intimidating but I'm a woman who appreciates a challenge so I figure eventually after I gather more experience from making different types of beer styles from kits and partial mash recipes, save up to upgrade my equipment, I will attempt it.

Thanks in advance for all the great advice, knowledge, ideas, recipes, and humor.

WSG

Hello Wildseedgrrrl and Welcome!

This site is a great place to learn.

Your thread hit home because I have completed about 10 batches of extract and partial mash and now am converting and building equipment for all-grain. Half of my knowledge came from the Joy of Hombrewing, Palmers website, and awesome brewboards like this and the other half came from experimenting. Cheers and Good Luck!

To be honest I've only lived here about 6 years but I have become impressed with the beer available. Surly is by far the best IMO and I like Summit which has gotten me through many a night. I generally like to hit as many different places as possible to see what beers they carry, and I have my favorite places. Now I take notes, well up until I'm too far gone, then it's strictly drinking. Later, I try to look them up to get more details.

For Brewpubs, I'd say go to Town Hall and Herkimer. These are just two of my favorites. If you manage to get to Wisconsin, try something by New Glarus.

Welcome!

Be sure to take the Surly tour, it is fantastic! I just brewed a version of their Bender and I love it, btw.

Mpls is a great place to enjoy beer.

Back