Keg line sanitizing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rklene

Reaction score
I am trying to make a keg line sanitizing adapter. My plan is to use a liquid keg adapter attached to a 5/16 barb, so I can connect it to my bottling bucket.
Has anyone gone this rout before?

I am trying to make a keg line sanitizing adapter. My plan is to use a liquid keg adapter attached to a 5/16 barb, so I can connect it to my bottling bucket.
Has anyone gone this rout before?

I copied this DIY keg line cleaner works great!!

From a post in the thread I referenced. This is important!!

If you're gonna make this, make sure that you get a Firestone Liquid Post assembly.
I know for certain that a gas post won't work and I'm not sure if a Cornelius liquid post has the same threads.
( I think different "corny" kegs from different manufacturers have different size posts)

Anyways. here is the link to the Firestone liquid post I got from Brewmaster's Warehouse:

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/product/0102273/ball-lock-liquid-post-assembly-firestone

Me?
I use a carbonator cap on a pop bottle filled with whatever cleaning fluid I'm using.
I attach the carbonator cap to the beer out line, open the tap, and squeeze the bottle.

Cleaning fluid then travels through the beer-lines and out the tap.

Simple and cheap! Plus the carbonator cap is fun to play with when your not cleaning.

Note, carbonated lemonade is good, carbonated milk is not!

Trust him on the milk thing. Our inner geek says anything can be carbed. Apple, grape, orange, lemon, all good. Dairy products + acid (carbonic) = disgusting.

I was using the empty keg to push sanitizer through the lines before filling it. But having just used the last keg and forgetting to sanitize the line, I'm going to steal that carb cap idea. Thanks.

Back