Taps stopped working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theamigo

Reaction score
I just built a 2-tap Danby kegerator. This is my first kegged batch as well. Got a 2 keg pin-lock setup with dual regulator and 5# CO2 tank from Midwest. Dual tower with perlicks from Keg Cowboy. Assembled everything, was force carbing, have pulled a couple beers with no issue other than a good bit of foam since my pressure seems a bit high.

Tonight, I went to pull some beer and neither tap is dispensing anything (well one oozes a slight bit of foam). Tank still has CO2. Kegs have pressure (15-20 psi, though I've tried higher and it does the same thing).

I removed the beer lines and took apart the pin-lock connector and didn't see any obstruction. I depressed the pin lock fitting center nodule and in one keg foam shoots out, in the other I got showered with beer.

Not sure what systematic procedure I need to go through to determine why no beer is coming out. Please give me some advice.

Through some other posts on the site I found the culprit: Frozen beer lines.

Too cold and my beer lines were running right on the cooling plate in the back of the kegerator.

Latest posts

Back