Advertising for a Home Brew Course

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltoftheearth

Reaction score
I am tired of being the only one (that I know) who brews beer in my rural area. Recently I started offering "classes" at cut rates ($25 or $20 depending on whether you're a member of the local co-op.) The classes cover brew day and focus on the BIAB method of mashing.

Pretty good attendance to date but I want to keep this thing going. To date I have relied on some e-mails and word of mouth (and two flyers, one of which was immediately covered.)

Any suggestions on good ways of conducting outreach to potential home brewers?

social media sites are a good way to reach out. In my area we have a facebook page that is dedicated to small buisnesses that run out of peoples homes.

ask if you can post a flyer at a store that sells a fare selection of craft brews.

All good ideas ... I should add that we live in a fairly rural area and my LHBS is over an hour away. But these are all giving me good ideas. Keep the ideas coming!

social media sites are a good way to reach out. In my area we have a facebook page that is dedicated to small buisnesses that run out of peoples homes.

This. You can do facebook ads targeted to your area for pretty cheap.

Craigslist post is also a good idea.

Isn't that similar to asking an ammo shop to post an ad for your "reload" class?

I look at it more like a firearms instructor asking to post ads at an ammo shop: he's teaching people how to use the ingredients that they sell! Unless they give paid classes of course, then its stepping on their toes and they would certainly say no.

Latest posts

Back