Dayton OH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain_Bigelow

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this city and surrounding areas? A nice place to live? I might have the opportunity to move and do some work with a contract in the area. Currently we live in L.A. but interested in moving somewhere more rural and to a slower pace of life.

You'd definitely get a slower pace of life. Dayton is a quiet little city and outside of it is just farmland. You are within an hour of both Cincinnati and Columbus for when you need your big (for Ohio) city fix.

Despite the farmland all over Ohio, it is a very populated state. My biggest complaint, having lived there for 25 years, was that it was pretty difficult to escape. Unless you have a big chunk of property outside of town, there really isn't much preserved area to escape to.

On the plus side, people there are generally nice and personable. It is very natural to strike up a good conversation with just about anyone.

Dayton is a nice town/city. Ohio in general is pleasant with a much slower pace than L.A. You'd find Dayton pretty quiet (and small), but I've enjoyed any time I have spent there. I used to live in Cincinnati, and still have friends in the Dayton area.

It's pretty central to a few metro cities (Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis), and your only about 5 hours drive to Chicago, as well.

Latest posts

Back