Just Bottled my First Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mania83

Reaction score
I just bottled my first batch of beer. It really wasnt as bad as I thought. The hardest part imo was cleaning the bottles, the rest was cake. I tasted the beer and it was the best flat beer i have had (since I made it). Now I just need to wait a couple weeks to try it all carbed up. Can't wait to make my second already have my third one planned out.

Congrats!
I tell my SWMBO that I thought my hobby would be brewing but it turns out it is cleaning (usually bottles):cross:
Good work!

A hint for when you start drinking it.....

Keep your bottle scrubber near the sink and get in the habit of everytime you pour a beer, put a bit of water in it, shake, pour out, fill with water, then clean with the scrubber....EVERYTIME. So when it comes time to bottle, you just have to sanitize instead of clean all of them again.

i know this is common sense, but when drinking, common sense isn't always present.

for sanitizing, i swear by a vinator. As long as your bottles don't have sediment or crap stuck to the sides, you can easily sanitize 2 cases in 10 minutes or less

Latest posts

Back