My Luck!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJoyner

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Mike, I have made 5 gallons of wine and love it but it takes so long to make and taste. So I have decided to brew beer, and wouldnt you know it the only local supplier is a total D-Bag. He was short and rude to me. I went in with a few questions about supplies and techniques, and he was a total jerk. Would'nt you know it he is the only supplier within 4 hrs of where I live. At least I have the internet!!! I know the members of the home brewing community arent a bunch of jerks, I look foward to talking with everyone.

Don't let one jerk stop you. You'll find that online prices are often better than local places. Welcome to the hobby! This place is a great source of lots of info. Just to save yourself some ball busting, make sure you read the stickies and run a search before you ask a question. Often your questions have already been asked.

Good luck, and happy brewing!

Welcome to the group. It's too bad about your LHBS, but with the info you'll find in these forums you'll learn all you need to make informed purchases on-line. Also, if you don't already have a copy of How to Brew, buy it and read it.

Welcome to the group. It's too bad about your LHBS, but with the info you'll find in these forums you'll learn all you need to make informed purchases on-line. Also, if you don't already have a copy of How to Brew, buy it and read it.

Thanks, Ill definately get that book.

Welcome! Sorry about you local guy, the internet can help!

yes hang in there and keep reading and asking questions. I have learned a huge amount here and most of us are happy to answer your questions. ;)

Bummer about your local home brew shop. Kind of a testament that just because somebody knows how to do something does not qualify them to have their own business doing it! I guess if you want repeat business you need more than just good prices!

Glad you are here and welcome to the obsession!

yes hang in there and keep reading and asking questions. I have learned a huge amount here and most of us are happy to answer your questions. ;)

Bummer about your local home brew shop. Kind of a testament that just because somebody knows how to do something does not qualify them to have their own business doing it! I guess if you want repeat business you need more than just good prices!

Glad you are here and welcome to the obsession!

Obsession is an understatement! Every free min I have I find myself looking at how to brew and recipes. All I find is I know less and less about more and more, but it is a very fun process.

F'em! THey dont' deserve your business if they can't answer a few questions and help you SPEND YOUR MONEY THERE!

There are many great places online and the prices, even after shipping, can be very competitive, if not lower!

Back