BeerSmith on multiple computers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamorgan3777

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a set of data files that beersmith uses that I could store on dropbox? I want to run BeerSmith from 3 different computers and have it use the same recipe and setup files from all 3 computers. I would store the data and recipe files in DropBox and have it use those. I do this with my budget program and it works great.

Thanks!

Yes, all the *.BSMX files in the Beersmith2 folder, they should have beer glass icons. Beersmith1.4 might have had a different extension, but the premise is the same. (I normally use beersmith1.4 but am currently on a new computer with a trial version of 2.0 that I am tinkering with.)

Of particular interest, of course, will be your RECIPE file. Porting others like EQUIPMENT and NOTES (etc, etc) will help all your Beersmiths run the same.

Curious to know how this works. I brew in two locations most of the time and it would be nice not to have to bring my own computer along all the time.

Guessing you'll still need to activate it on another computer right? Or does the activation carry over?

Back