• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTBorrow - DC/NOVA area - Beer gun/CP Filler/Bowie Bottler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strumke

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the DC/NOVA/MD area and I'm looking to borrow something to bottle a case or so of carbonated beer from a faucet. I'd be greatly appreciative, and can throw in a few homebrews as thanks.

I need to have my beers bottled for an event this Sat, so I'd need to use it in the next couple of days. I can return it on Sunday or Monday.

Thanks, definitely a worst case Fri night project if I can't find someone that can spare some equipment for a few days, but it looks like it would work well.

strumke said:
Thanks, definitely a worst case Fri night project if I can't find someone that can spare some equipment for a few days, but it looks like it would work well.

Yes it works! I just use a cobra tap with a racking cane pushed into it (fits perfect) and a #2 stopper. If you push the cane to the bottom of the bottle, it will only fill up half way with no foam. Then slowly release the pressure until its full. Cap and continue. Counter pressure fillet for 5$.

It was a bit messy, but freezing the bottles kept the foam down. I don't think I really got much benefit from the stopper, at 5psi, not much flowed into the bottle with the stopper sealed, and when I let some air out, it basically just filled as if there was no stopper.

I let some foam cascade over the top until the liquid was at the right level and then I capped, but unless I had something set up wrong, the bottle equalized pressure very quickly and didn't give the "foam-less" fill I was looking for.

Either way, it worked, with some beer loss, but not too much.

Thanks all!

Back