What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little reward for myself:

Boon & Brooklyn.jpg

What the hell was this doing on the shelves already? Looks like ST is gonna give me 3-4 months to see how many of these I can drink this year.

Pumking.jpg

20130722_173817_HDR_Hagrid.jpg

Wouldn't buy again. My bottle shop just started carrying ST so far, meh. Not much aroma, can't find a bottle date but it's overly malty for an ipa, pine is about the only hop hit I'm getting, which I don't usually mind but there's nothing else there at all, I'm hoping it's just an old batch. Thoughts?

Having my first Pliny experience (draft) at Teresa's in Wayne PA. Only place I know in Philadelphia area that has it. I am seeing what the fuss is about. Real good stuff !

Wouldn't buy again. My bottle shop just started carrying ST so far, meh. Not much aroma, can't find a bottle date but it's overly malty for an ipa, pine is about the only hop hit I'm getting, which I don't usually mind but there's nothing else there at all, I'm hoping it's just an old batch. Thoughts?

The only thing I have had from ST that I didn't think was meh was their Creme Brulee. That beer borders on sickly sweet though and I'm not sure I could finish a bottle by myself.

Having my first Pliny experience (draft) at Teresa's in Wayne PA. Only place I know in Philadelphia area that has it. I am seeing what the fuss is about. Real good stuff !

I think Monk's in Center City has it on tap right now, too...if phillytapfinder.com is up to date.

None of ST's normal offerings are anything special. Their seasonals are what they're known for...Pumking and Choklat being my favorites. The Creme Brulee was WAY too sweet for me...could hardly drink a whole glass of it.

I'm trying this ovila dubbel. I'm not a big fan of this. Very low carbonation and has big hints of soy sauce and finishes with a mild grape taste.

image-2071943010.jpg

Unearthly ..pumping and live are the ones I have had that are pretty good. Crem brulee is way too sweet. Agreed

I personally didn't find ST Creme Brûlée Stout to be sickly or overly sweet. I had no problem finishing a bomber all by myself. I think it's a great beer, especially as it warms in the glass.
But, tastes vary.

I personally didn't find ST Creme Brûlée Stout to be sickly or overly sweet. I had no problem finishing a bomber all by myself. I think it's a great beer, especially as it warms in the glass.
But, tastes vary.

I liked my first couple sips of it because it tastes EXACTLY like a liquid alcoholic creme brulee. After my first couple sips I couldn't stand it anymore because it tastes EXACTLY like a liquid alcoholic creme brulee.

What the hell was this doing on the shelves already? Looks like ST is gonna give me 3-4 months to see how many of these I can drink this year.

Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin was delivered to my local beer store last month. Still puzzled.

But, tastes vary.

Wes, my voice of reason! Guess that really does show how different people's tastes are. I personally love the Creme Brûlée Stout! I also dig the rest of their offerings! I guess I'm not all that picky. Someday I need to make a road trip to the Empty Pint. Anyone live near ST?

I liked my first couple sips of it because it tastes EXACTLY like a liquid alcoholic creme brulee. After my first couple sips I couldn't stand it anymore because it tastes EXACTLY like a liquid alcoholic creme brulee.

Maybe try it as a dessert beer instead of an everyday beer? Just a suggestion. But If you don't like it, ya don't like it! :mug:

This is my favorite place in my house to take beer pictures. Plenty of stuff at varying distances behind the beer to really show off that depth of field effect. Most other places I shoot from either don't have enough other stuff to make the DOF apparent or the only thing behind is a solid color.

20130722_190500.jpg

This is my favorite place in my house to take beer pictures. Plenty of stuff at varying distances behind the beer to really show off that depth of field effect. Most other places I shoot from either don't have enough other stuff to make the DOF apparent or the only thing behind is a solid color.

What do you shoot with? Phone? DLSR?

nukebrewer said:

Nice pic, Nuke!

tyzippers said:
Maybe try it as a dessert beer instead of an everyday beer? Just a suggestion. But If you don't like it, ya don't like it! :mug:

Yep, definitely not an everyday, chugging a few in the middle of the day in summer kinda beer.
Or is it? :D

Flat Earth comes out with quite good beers, usually nothing that blows your mind but they cycle through 88 recipes that they serve as growlers at the brewery. They will keep serving you free "samples" until you are nice and drunk too. The year round and seasonal bottles like this one are nice too. This beer is quite nice.

ForumRunner_20130722_191201.png

WesleyS said:
Yep, definitely not an everyday, chugging a few in the middle of the day in summer kinda beer.
Or is it? :D

I don't know of I could chug that one! (I can't chug any beer, so there's that)

Back