What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remmy said:
As much as I want to make Skeeter Pee, there's just too much cot damn sugar in that stuff! Holy shot!

Just make it! It's frikkin awesome stuff!

coldcrash said:
. All the sugar ferments out.

Back-sweetening even with 1-lb. makes me cringe. Don't get me wrong, I want to try this stuff. But I won't be adding crazy sugar to it. Yikes.

Beer

image-730626861.jpg

Ice cream

image-1401766793.jpg

And wishing I didn't have to wait another week or two for these to be mine.

image-257425307.jpg

just had a Pile-O-Dirt Porter from Crow Peak in Spearfish, SD. next up: Hay Maker from Mankato Brewery in Mankato, MN! thanks again NoKato! next time I pick up Crow Peak, I'll have enough for you & your wife!

How is the Hay Maker? I was about to pick one up and the guy at the store told me it was bad and shouldn't get it, so I didn't.

Back-sweetening even with 1-lb. makes me cringe. Don't get me wrong, I want to try this stuff. But I won't be adding crazy sugar to it. Yikes.

Unless you like the flavor of pure alcohol and lemon flavor/sourness with zero sweetness the 2lbs backsweetening is a must. It could stand a little more sweetness yet, but right now tastes like a nice, fresh lemonade and you barely notice any alcohol. At 10%abv it can put you on your ass quick when it is hot out. :tank:

I pitched 6 hours ago and the 3726-PC from Gabe is going nuts! How's yours doing Mark?

Another Ivan for me. Probably a night cap.

ForumRunner_20130721_203419.png

ForumRunner_20130721_203445.png

Channel66 said:
You ever have it without the sugar? It'll make you pucker

No. Only five days into fermentation on my first batch, but point is back sweetening should be to taste, n'est pas?

image-490575092.jpg

My line up for tonight. Not a fan of ipas but I have to say the ale mucho hoppo is very tasty

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Today is National Ice Cream Day ya know. Had a Hot fudge sundae with Detroit Tiger Traxx ice cream earlier after pizza

Did not know that. Maybe I should've eaten the whole pint in celebration. ;)

"Sol" cerveza, imported from lovely Mexico. Tastes like water. Some person told me it was the equivalent of Mexican craft beer. Still gonna finish it though.

White whiskey with some sugar water and mint leaves. I don't make too many cocktails. This one is great though

Swarley88 said:
White whiskey with some sugar water and mint leaves. I don't make too many cocktails. This one is great though

Sounds good to me!

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
I would have lol. We have Hudsonville here and its pretty awesome, but its no Blue Bell :(
There's nothing like Blue Bell.

Neither have I clearly haha. Point me in the right direction please!

Victoria is a really good Vienna. Bohemia is really good as well. Caguama is a great lawnmower beer on a hot day. Carts Blanca is one of the bigger ones but always has been a favorite of mine. Nice malty with nice dark caramel also.

nextgenxx said:
Adding to the beer and dubs lovers!

I fill up from the drivers seat... :)

I've been a Jeep guy for about 10 years now, but have a soft spot for the Dub. I had a sick 84 Jetta GLI. It was my poor mans porche. I also owned a 89 Fox.

That's what I had but better rims

Victoria is a really good Vienna. Bohemia is really good as well. Caguama is a great lawnmower beer on a hot day. Carts Blanca is one of the bigger ones but always has been a favorite of mine. Nice malty with nice dark caramel also.

Minerva Vienna is also awesome but good luck getting that in the states

Thanks for the tips boys I have a local store that imports a lot of beer. Someone just happened to bring a pack over tonight and left one for me. Ill have to try one of these next piñata party I go to :D

mhurst111 said:
Sitting in the hotel room. No good glasses, so drinking from a styrofoam coffee cup.

Still tastes good.

Nice! I love me some JK.

Latest posts

Back