How bad would it be for Canada...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe all the Caps are out...

What an ugly game for Ovi and the Russians.

Anyway, considering the prelim US. vs Canada game was the second highest rated tv broadcast in their history, I'd say it is a BFD to them. The entire country will collapse if they do anything but win gold.

I would laugh...for hours.

But at the same time I would feel bad for Canada a tad

One thing I think a lot of casual hockey fans don't know is that the USA beat Canada IN Canada this year in the world junior's. If the USA Olympic team can do the same thing I think there will for sure be some angry Canadians. Also, don't forget the American women are playing Canada for the gold medal right now.

In the world juniors? US beat Canada in the OLYMPICS just last Saturday! :D

Sorry, let me clarify: USA beat Canada in the gold medal game at the world juniors this year :mug:
USA beat Canada in the olympics which is awesome don't get me wrong, but it doesn't mean much until it's for a medal (gold I hope).

I don't trust them. They're too nice, and waaaaay too close for comfort. I think they're planning an invasion via the tourboats at Niagara Falls. Ant the bastards will probably come across apologizing the whole time.

My best friend is a transplant from Canada. I think he's in on the whole thing. Gonna hide my homebrew and load my shotguns. This could be worse that the Zombie Apocalypse. At least we're all expecting the Zombie Apocalypse. Nobody expects the Canadians....:confused:

Canadian girls beat the US for the gold medal in hockey tonight.

I think they will postpone the invasion at least temporarily...

You know there are more people in the state of new york then all of canada? It seems such a big place (and is) but really not that many people...

I don't trust them. They're too nice, and waaaaay too close for comfort. I think they're planning an invasion via the tourboats at Niagara Falls. Ant the bastards will probably come across apologizing the whole time.

My best friend is a transplant from Canada. I think he's in on the whole thing. Gonna hide my homebrew and load my shotguns. This could be worse that the Zombie Apocalypse. At least we're all expecting the Zombie Apocalypse. Nobody expects the Canadians....:confused:

AR is locked and loaded.

If I head an "Eh" while I'm in bed tonight, its go time!

You know there are more people in the state of new york then all of canada? It seems such a big place (and is) but really not that many people...

Would you wanna live in 90% of Canada?

I vaguely remember hearing that 90%+ of the Canadian population live within a few hundred miles of the American border.

That number could be off, I'm going off of memory here (clouded by a few pints)

Pfft... it's all the same. Everyone knows that as soon as you cross the border into Canada you have to park your car and rent a dogsled to get around anywhere. ;)

A little known fact is that Red Dawn is not supposed to be a Russian invasion but the other red nation of Canada if the US beats them in hockey. Will be a great game that my 5 year old daughter is all about... so I'll sit back and have a homebrew and watch us HOPEFULLY triumph. After the victory I'll insure my guns are loaded and my syrup is hidden.. cause you know them crazy can'ooks can smell syrup like a crack addict can smell.. well crack :)

We won't attack you guys down there. We are much too sneeky for that. We are just going to stop exporting our grain to you guys, and keep all the malt barley up here for ourselves.

We won't attack you guys down there. We are much too sneeky for that. We are just going to stop exporting our grain to you guys, and keep all the malt barley up here for ourselves.

Looks like we are gonna have to go Tanya Harding on some of our hockey players cause I sure dont wanna go back to LHBS prices for my base grains

time for my favorite Canada joke.

Some guys were sitting in their igloo trying to come up with a name for their new country. They put a bunch of letters in a hat and started pulling them out at random. here was the results.

"C, eh." "N, eh." "D, eh." :D

time for my favorite Canada joke.

Some guys were sitting in their igloo trying to come up with a name for their new country. They put a bunch of letters in a hat and started pulling them out at random. here was the results.

"C, eh." "N, eh." "D, eh." :D

... and then a fight broke out. :p

So this best friend ratted us out. Pay him no mind, just sleep peacefully tonight :D

So much shame...

"they have nothing to be ashamed of"

I hate that expression at the Olympics. As some of the best in the world, shame has nothing to do with it. Any sports analyst would say the US played waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond their talent, which is the true measure of a team. Canada should have won by 5, not need an overtime

BTW congrats Canada

It was a FANTASTIC game -- what hockey is all about. And a real nailbiter througout. Nobody deserves to feel bad about that game! Lotta heart out there on the ice today.

CAN - A - DA!

I find myself torn, as an American and a Penguins fan. Yay?

Anyway, Congratulations to Canada on a great game. It was EPIC!!!

Awesome game!

Both teams played their hearts out.

Congrats Canada. Well played!

I'm not taking this loss well. I know a silver in this tournament, especially considering the young team, is a great accomplishment.

But, in the end, it sucks to lose.

Back