Keezer.... Temp variation top to bottom....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOP-HEAD

Reaction score
How much of a variation from top to bottom is reasonable... or at least the norm? How much is a problem, and how cold can the bottom get before you start to see problems?

I used 2x8 for my collar and my temp vary a little over 10 deg. I use a fan in mine to help the temp statification.

I'm working through the glitches with my new one... The thermostat for the temp controller was right at the top. Reading 44 degrees, the bottom was at 18. My kegs frozen.

I think I'll move the thermostat down a little, and probably end up adding a fan after that.

Any pics of fan set-ups? Suggestions?

My probe is sitting about 6 inches from the bottle with a piece of foam between it and the wall. With the temp controller set for 42 degrees the temp at the bottom was 40 and the top was 45.

I installed a duct fan with 4" duct to blow the cool air from the bottom upward tonight.... anyone done similar?

Now I'd like to wire it to a timer so it could cycle on and off... maybe 30 seconds every 5-10 minutes or so to start, adjusting as necessary. Or maybe just wire to the Ranco... though it runs so seldom I don't think it'd be adequate. Anyone know where to get such a timer?

I installed a duct fan with 4" duct to blow the cool air from the bottom upward tonight.... anyone done similar?

Now I'd like to wire it to a timer so it could cycle on and off... maybe 30 seconds every 5-10 minutes or so to start, adjusting as necessary. Or maybe just wire to the Ranco... though it runs so seldom I don't think it'd be adequate. Anyone know where to get such a timer?

Can you post a picture of it?

I wired an outlet up to cycle with my freezer when the Love kicks on and off, Then plugged a AC adapter fan into that. The outlet sits put away in the tap box on top. Whenever teh fridge compressor is running, the fan is running circulating the air.

I actually have mine aimed at my shanks, so I leave mine running all the time. Its a computer fan though.

Can you post a picture of it?

I started with one of these cheap ($18) 120 volt 4" duct fans from Menards:
IMG_0028.jpg

Added a 24" length of 4" duct and a 90 deg bend and came up with this:
IMG_0023.jpg

Stood it in the corner of the keezer like this:
IMG_0022.jpg

Not mounted or anything yet, and just wired to a plug that I manually plug and unplug while I work out the bugs with a timer, or decide to wire it in with the Ranco.

I'll probably add another elbow or diffuser to the top, but have so far found that about a minute of run time every 15 or 20 minutes has kept the temp pretty even....

Latest posts

Back