Interested in keggles made from new kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtrevino

Reaction score
I've been sourcing kegs for keggles and have found a solid connection on brand new kegs. Is there really any interest in brand new keggles? Probably be about $150 for a weldless keggle with 3 holes and $225 for a welded keggle with 2-3 1/2" couplings.

Seems like an untimely death for a new keg. I feel bad for the fella.

.. On the other hand this is incredibly interesting. I'm in the market for a new brew kettle.

Considering some folks here in the Bay Area are selling shells on craigslist for upwards of $80-$100, I would say there's interest for cut, drilled, and fitted kegs at $150. What are your estimates on shipping?

I think the shipping would push the price over the top.

Personally, if I'm going to spend that much money, I'd rather have a pot.

I think the shipping would push the price over the top.

Personally, if I'm going to spend that much money, I'd rather have a pot.

I think this is what you'll run into at those prices. I've used kegs for the past 2-3 years. They're nice and for the price can't be beat for a SS 13.5G pot. But that was with a $40 keg, Bargainfittings.com fittings and $20 or $30 (don't remember, it's been a while) for all welded fittings between 2 kegs. (6 Total). Local sales will be your most profit and as many people as you see on here that are concerned with legally obtaining kegs, I guarantee on your local scene people will have no problem buying a "stolen" $40 keg over a brand new one for $150.

If I'm dropping $225 for a pot, it's going to be a pot with proper lid.

Shipping only runs around $30 for US Parcel Post.

I know many people try and get kegs from Craigslist to save some money but you don't know what your buying. I've seen some used keys that when cut open you find some interesting repairs or hard deposits stuck to be bottom. Plus can you really claim that you are the true owner of that keg.

I know that you can find a 15 gallon brew kettle for around $175 but what at least my way you can get a brand new keg with no brewery name stamped on it and it is made to your exact brewing specifications.

I'm just throwing ideas out since my source of used kegs has begun to dry up.

$225 for a welded keggle with 2-3 1/2" couplings.

no.
For 225, +30 shipping
I'm 255 into it. By the time I add therms and valves I'm right at a prebuilt 15 gallon Blickman with a stepped bottom, diptube , pryrex sightglass and free shipping.

Become a vendor here and see how many orders you get. Don't plan on retiring, but I bet you will do some business.

Sorry guys, got busy this week. I can get them any time but there is a minimum of 16 per order so I need to make sure I have buyers before jumping into the investment. If your seriously interested in any brand new kegs, modified or not pm me with your contact info and I'll get with you. I'm not completely sure of pricing yet but I'm trying to keep the pricing at $125 for unmodified.

Back