Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
random tidbits to throw in here:
Try putting 3-4 of the various macro beers in front of your buddies that are sternly dedicated to "I only drink Bud/Lite/Coors". See if they can actually tell the difference.

I talked to bartender about the Miller Fortune. Apparently it is targeted to whiskey drinkers who need a break from whiskey once in a while. Miller provides the bars with whiskey-size glasses, and the beer is slightly darker to resemble the color of whiskey, and the ABV is somewhere around 6.5%. He gave me a few bottles to take home, after trying one, I use the rest for boiling my brats!

Wow, 1000 pages of this thread. I hear if you pick out the funny and put it all side by side you reach 15 in total!

Lol

f5b327ba6d9336f8767baeb6ad2e901c562e8cd31fd4237834368d6f38efeda6.jpg

It's nice for those in need that they do this, but I notice they still put their logo prominently on the can. If it were truly a selfless act, the cans might just say "water". You're right, craft breweries can't usually afford to do this kind of thing, so it's good that they decided to do it, but I'll bet if it wasn't also a good publicity stunt, they might not have been so quick to act.

Perhaps there are craft breweries that do this as well, but have the class to do so anonymously.
I view it like any other company who allows their employees to take time out of their day, while on the clock, to volunteer at various charitable functions - a lot of times, there will be a requirement that you wear some form of company-branded apparel while you do so.

Personally, the BMC bashing on here gets old on a regular basis - but when it turns against a truly charitable act they do pretty much every time there is a large-scale disaster...

I'm a firefighter. To see people make fun of a company for doing something to help out people in need and the emergency responders helping them just flat out pisses me off.

To see people make fun of a company for doing something to help out people in need and the emergency responders helping them just flat out pisses me off.

They weren't making fun of the company for doing something to help others.
They were poking fun of a company who's beer they don't enjoy.

Saying all beer snobs suck, is pretty rude.
I'm a beer snob, I don't suck. I still enjoy crappy beer from time to time :D

Everyone appreciates volunteers. Relaaaaax.

Didn't that last round start with some one mentioning that a normal bud can made it in with all the emergency water cans? :off:

Something funny would be the test panels where only 50% of the people recognize their own beer/product that have been on the job for 5+ years. :drunk:

If you boil the contents of a Bud Water can and then watch it condense . . . do you see water droplets, or tears?

Funny things you've overheard about beer........

"You don't drink beer, you just rent it...."- Depiction of a functional alcoholic drinking on the job prior to being run over by his own heavy equipment in an episode of "1,000 Ways To Die" :drunk:

relaxing is for sissies! I'm a welder and to see people trying to make light of things for any reason pisses me off!

take inspiration from my Lakota Sioux friends: a little laugh goes a long way.

*steps back into thread and reads last couple pages after ignoring for months, still less than 1% funny stuff.......

*steps back out, closes door dramatically

*contemplates perma-flounce from thread........

Back to the thread topic...
My friend after drinking a bottle I gifted him of my home brewed Scottish ale: "Man, that beer is good! Is it an IPA?"
Me:"Thanks... No, it's a Scottish Ale. The flavor is more malty than an IPA."
Friend:"Yeah, It kinda tastes like Chimay."
Me: :drunk:

At least he liked it... :ban:

Back at this thread...

I was at a local grocery chain and the guy stocking was giving 'advice' on what beer to purchase.

Stocker- You should buy this beer (points to Old Rasputin). It's a new beer brewed with oats. Oats accomplish the same thing as hops but are less bitter.

I was dumbfounded. I should have corrected them but I was too far away from the conversation. Running across the isle to but in to this atrocity didn't seem like the right thing to do.

Back at this thread...

I was at a local grocery chain and the guy stocking was giving 'advice' on what beer to purchase.

Stocker- You should buy this beer (points to Old Rasputin). It's a new beer brewed with oats. Oats accomplish the same thing as hops but are less bitter.

I was dumbfounded. I should have corrected them but I was too far away from the conversation. Running across the isle to but in to this atrocity didn't seem like the right thing to do.

I would have hurled the contents of my grocery cart at the stocker until empty!!
All the while screaming "wrong", "wrong", "wrong"!!!!!

Local beer server: "The ales are generally more expensive than the IPAs."

Local beer snob advertising his ignorance: "No, their brewhouse was used in a distillery before they bought it. That is why their beers have such a strong whiskey flavor."

:smack:

I had a bag of hop pellets sitting at my desk and the owner of the company came by and freaked out. She thought hops contained alcohol and that I brought alcohol into the building.

At least it was just pellets. If you had a bag of whole hops laying out in the open, I could see that going a whole lot worse.

"Come on, I'll take you to a bar where you can have real beer, instead of that homemade stuff"
-a friend when she heard I'd be visiting town for a week

Yes, please do... I'm too broke to afford real beer. Will you buy my drinks and I'll send you money when I get back home?

Damn, the mood around here sucks. Why so serious? Someone post something funny.

OK, I'll get us started. I'm guilty of having done this. The wife gave me a crazy look when she found them.

funny-pictures-beer-quotes.jpg

So I guess the funny thing I heard was, "Why is there a 6 pack in the vegetable drawer?" Why not? Indeed, why not?

Because of this meme, our crisper has been called the the Beer-Crisper for some time now ;)

Latest posts

Back