Indoor Turkey Fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttsjp

Reaction score
This might be a really stupid question, but has anyone ever tried using his turkey fryer inside? Is it possible to rev it up in your kitchen or something? I had this crazy idea that one might be able to do it in the bathtub... Should it just be kept to outdoors and garages? Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

I would not recommend cranking the turkey fryer up inside your home. First, the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning is simply not worth the beer that you would be leaving behind. Second, depending on climatological conditions, opening windows to provide adequate ventilation would negatively impact the amount of energy it takes to maintain a comfortable environment in your home. That's all I have - but as we all know...you would still be able to make great beer.

My buddy did 2 AG batches with fryers in his basement before his wife stepped in to stop him. Honestly I'm suprised his kids are still alive with his basement having zero ventalation.

I have done a full boil with two pots on the stove. It was not a good idea. There was so much humidity (two gallon boil off) added to the house it was almost dripping off the walls.

Thanks for the responses...hadn't thought about the carbon monoxide issue. Just trying to explore options as I look to brew in an apartment complex. No more responses necessary, I have the answers I need.

I have done a full boil with two pots on the stove. It was not a good idea. There was so much humidity (two gallon boil off) added to the house it was almost dripping off the walls.

Winter time boils producing that kind of steam would be great. I burn wood 24/7 this time of year and always fight to get the moisture back in the air.

While I am not telling you to go and do this, I think the monoxide thing is a wee bit exaggerated for effect here. I have done several boils inside. Have 2 monoxide alarms none went off. Of course the windows are open a ways. No fires. Does the burner know it's inside and start acting all weird? No. Spose it's not made for indoors, but they are made to be somewhat safe. It's not like if I had gasoline all over the floor and nice flammable items hangin all over it.

Do not use a burner indoors. Not with the volume of gas you are going to be burning off, way too much of a risk as others have said. ESPECIALLY not in the bathtub, as it is probably a hard area to get to in case of a emergency.

Not a stupid question, very glad you asked it. Keep it to the outdoors, and garage only if you have the garage door open.

Back