Hello from Germany

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WellArmedPenguin

Reaction score
Currently stationed in Germany but living the dorms so unfortunately I am unable to brew here; however I am actively "researching" the local brews. I would like to start brewing once I get home and hope this site will help me, since my only experience brewing was a miserable fail of epic proportions.

Welcome. Weather forecaster eh? Are you in the Air Force? There are a couple other forecasters on the board, one's in Oklahoma and the other is right here in Virginia.

If you can't brew, then you could always make some Apfelwein (there's a rather large thread somewhere explaining the process)--no cooking required. :mug:

Here ya go: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/man-i-love-apfelwein-14860/

Welcome! Where are you stationed?
Thanks, I am at Sembach.

Welcome. Weather forecaster eh? Are you in the Air Force? There are a couple other forecasters on the board, one's in Oklahoma and the other is right here in Virginia.

If you can't brew, then you could always make some Apfelwein (there's a rather large thread somewhere explaining the process)--no cooking required. :mug:

Here ya go: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/man-i-love-apfelwein-14860/
Yup, been in the AF a year now and been forecasting here for less then a month. This Apfelwein idea looks very promising, thanks for the link.

Welcome.

I started brewing in the 80s when I was stationed in the former FRG (off-base housing).

When I rotated back I included three weizen racks and empties with my belongings.

WellArmedPenguin - Welcome to the forum and yes, please snap up a lot of pictures, and notes on different brews from the smaller towns.
Oh- and if your next duty station is Hawaii, ship a "$hit load" of beer bottles, steins, etc with you. I for one would supplement your income for some very large grouch bottles and cool steins.

Back