Run fan in keezer full time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Thorsbrew, good call. That's been discussed in a few other threads here. My small eva-dry does the job for me (I have it located right below the fan) and in my opinion it's much easier to just plug in the 40W heater overnight every month or two than deal with loose beads and heating up an entire oven. Though remember they can be baked out in a microwave as well :mug:

Awesome, glad that helped. I've got one in the back left corner and another at the front right corner, both fans at the bottom of the keezer, and both blowing up. Another thing that really helps is if you can get the kegs lifted up off the floor of the keezer a bit. I put an old wire fridge shelf at the bottom, supported in the middle with 6 canning jar rings. That raises the kegs off the floor by about 1 - 1 1.5" which is plenty to keep the air moving down there.

After running my keezer for 2 yrs with a USB fan pushing cold air into tower and back into keezer I have decided today to insulate the collar I get lots of ice build up I also sealed up any other possible leaks (hopefully) excited to see how it performs now
20181205_124017.jpg
20181205_124017.jpg
20181205_124127.jpg

Using an old computer fan and USB 5v adapter to quiet it a little. 24/7 use. I was having an issue with stratification. This compounded with the beer line coils on top of the keg, CO2 would come out of solution and until the lines were purged it would be a foamy sputtering pour. Not anymore, proper beer right from the start.

Back