• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

wtt or wts firkin keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

compact007

Reaction score
so i got my hands on a firkin keg, not sure how to use it, or what it needs to get going, but looking to see what people are willing to trade for it. MA area and not wanting to ship.

by "firkin" you are referring to the volume, right? That's about 10 or 11 gallons.

What kind of connectors does it have on it for tapping it? sanke, like a keg of bud would have, or is it something weird/special?

At 10 gallons in size, it would make a good boil kettle, mash tun or liquor tank if you cut the top out.

What I believe it to be is a keg for cask condition, aroung 10 to 15 gallons. has a hole on top and side. made by firestone. like i said i really dont know much about them.

I am interested. How much do you want for it? I have a friend in Boston that could pick up for me.

Back