Three cheers for SWMBOs who like beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinDuluth

Reaction score
To everyone who has a SWMBO who can enjoy an imperial stout or IPA with you and waits in anticipation of your next homebrew. And without asking she knows that 12 assorted Belgian trippels/dubbels is exactly what I wanted for an anniversary present.:mug:

I heard that! She's a great lover of the various weisses, but that's OK, she supports homebrew.

I brew for my girlfriend. What more could you ask for?

My first batch in a long time turned out to be a "lambic" because I didn't clean the 9 year old kegs good enough. She said it was good.....

Things have improved tremendously since.

David :)

:mug:

In total agreement! SWMBO's beer tastes actually compliment mine - she likes Porters and Stouts, I like Bitters and IPAs.

...now we both like the other's favorites as well! :D

yeah my problem is that my wife love the beer i brew
but she is preggers , so she cant drink any beer
so she give me the stink eye when i spend 6 hrs brewing or quafting down pints after work.

so she give me the stink eye when i spend 6 hrs brewing or quafting down pints after work.

Just tell her that's what she gets for liking dick.

Well, congrats. Sort of. I mean, she's on the wagon right now, but you should brew a "back off the wagon ale" for her, so she can enjoy one right after the baby's born!

I'm glad we share a love of great beer in my marriage, even though it's not always the same beer. I love IPAs but I do like other beers so I am brewing more styles and learning to appreciate them. I don't brew many lagers anymore though, because neither one of us is too crazy about them. I'll make one this winter- probably a maibock- and that should be it.

:mug: Here's to my SWMBO and all the others. My first ever batch (all grain Mad Hatter IPA) is in the carboy bubblin away. She told me last night she liked my new hobby and she's been trollin the boards (gotta be careful now :D). She also told me when WE do our next batch in a couple weeks I am basically the coach and I need to just watch and tell her what to do. Talk about the blind leading the blind!

Well, congrats. Sort of. I mean, she's on the wagon right now, but you should brew a "back off the wagon ale" for her, so she can enjoy one right after the baby's born!

I'm glad we share a love of great beer in my marriage, even though it's not always the same beer. I love IPAs but I do like other beers so I am brewing more styles and learning to appreciate them. I don't brew many lagers anymore though, because neither one of us is too crazy about them. I'll make one this winter- probably a maibock- and that should be it.

oh i am she is do the end of november
and i have an arthur style stout and a steam beer i just keg last weekend for her. i am not aloud to touch them or she will kick my ass proper.

lol she has a breast pump and will be pumping and frezing milk so that on day 3 or 4 she can knock back a pint or 6, i love that woman.

yeah its funny I usta love lagers when i was a newbey like groulsh and heniken "Und Becks!" but know i dont really like them all that much ,i am all about the english ales here lately.

the only lagers i brew anymore are Steam , Martzen and Dunkels
i still love thoes :)

You all live in crazy town!!! My wife LOVES beer. Loves homebrew. She even helps me brew and bottle (I do all the cleaning).

The problem is.....SHE DRINKS MY BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

You all live in crazy town!!! My wife LOVES beer. Loves homebrew. She even helps me brew and bottle (I do all the cleaning).

The problem is.....SHE DRINKS MY BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Exactly!!!! Dammit, woman... if you drink the last of my IPA again I'm going to...

Ugh! No, I'm not. She has all the p&*%y, and since I want it, she makes the rules.

My girlfriend is into beer, not as much as myself though. She helped me a lot with my current (and first) brew. We'll probably make a kriek or something similar together soon since that's her favorite style (of course).

My wife is very interested in what's brewing, and what's been kegged. Her input and feedback is invaluable. Now we're beer snobs. We have a Chocloate Espresso Stout in a carboy, and we started a Pumpkin Ale yesterday. The High Test IPA's aren't in her top three or four beers, but everything else is very much enjoyed. I think that her participation greatly adds to my enjoyment of the hobby.

It's all good...

The best assistant in the biz...she loves to assist, but she doesn't drink (at all).
SWMBO_Jumps_In1.jpg

the love of my life is an active part of our brewing operations. she is very understanding when a gallon of something spills into the carpet or flooring.
she is now planning to design her own recipes with her superior sense of cooking sauces. chai stout, chocolate stout, dark belgian strong and gruit are on the drawing board at the moment.

Danika just brought home 12 cases of craft beer last night. Idiots who runt he wine store could not be convinced that beer doesn't "go bad" after 6 months. They were going to throw it all away, so Danika loaded the Mini to full capacity and brought home 12+ full cases of all sorts of great stuff. A case of St. Peter. Case of Hobgoblin. Case of Stone pale. Case of Melbourne fruit beers. Cases of Nick's/Samual Smith/Ayinger/.......... the list goes on.

I love her :tank:

She just called before getting home to tell me that Santa was coming.

My SWMBO is not a big beer drinker anymore ~ she has developed a taste for wine... She will at least try some of each batch that I produce and likes many of them. Last night I opened the first of my oatmeal stout (my first oatmeal stout) and she was surprised at how much she enjoyed it!

Here's to all the SWMBOs whether they love beer or just plain support our obsession!

My wife has absolutely no taste for beer. Especially if there is any hop presence whatsoever.

So long as she does not interfere with my desire to brew, I figure it just leaves more beer for me.

My wife loves to try beers, and tends to give me brewing gear as gifts. Brewing up a porter is a lot more fun when I know she'll love it, too.

SWMBO's who have a penchant for IIPA's, sour ales, and abbey style beers are expensive to go to the bar with. My SWMBO loves these styles. But honestly, it's better than early in our relationship before she learned the magic of beer and I was paying $10 for a friggin' fruity martini that she'd drink in 5 minutes and then end up wasted, followed by the sugar hangover the next day...

Cheers to us to have awesome SWMBOs. Mine once when on a beer run with a girlfreind while visiting in Cbus, Came back with two belgians, a bottle of Orval, Bomber of SNPA and something else.
She loves Huge Stouts and loves drinking my beers :)

Or, I've seen a few recipes for a beer that is traditionally served to women to get labor started. I know there's one in Homebrew Favorites. Might want to wait until she's to term, though.

I actually got into the hobby with my girlfriend. We've done all of our brews with about equal participation. I believe she was the one who actually got me into drinking beer more when we 1st met. She was also the one who got me into IPAs. I would probably have to thank her for this obsession.

Last March we took a road trip out to CO and she planned it around going to various microbreweries. She is actually on here too, but prefers blogs so she isn't on much (WiscoWhitney).

Or, I've seen a few recipes for a beer that is traditionally served to women to get labor started. I know there's one in Homebrew Favorites. Might want to wait until she's to term, though.

Not sure about inducing labor, but milk stout was traditionally thought to be healthful for nursing mothers. Guinness, too, but mostly milk stout.

Disclaimer: I know, I know. It's not medically sound. But it's a cute story.

Mine likes beer, but mostly she's a wine snob. That means I can brew as much beer as I want as long as I keep a carboy of wine around for her (that means more carboys!)

Back