making space for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bionicbrew

Reaction score
so this is my livingroom to dining room area in my house. the space under the 3 display shelves is dead/unused space. my keezer has been in the dining room next to that spot (pic 2). my wife had an aquarium on the lowest platform, but one end was starting to sag badly, and she decided she didn't like that platform anyway.
PICT00051.JPG

PICT00031.JPG

so...

I figured I could use the dead space for the keezer, and she could use the opened area for a better aquarium stand. Last week, I started the demolition. Turns out, my 8 and 9 year olds love busting out drywall. (and a long discussion about not doing this elsewhere in the house:cross:).
PICT00091.JPG

putting in the new frame work.
PICT00114.JPG

drywall started.
PICT00122.JPG

the keezer will get roller wheels so I can move it in and out for exchanging kegs, etc. I mounted 1 of the 4 displaced outlets inside for the keezer's power. I have to bullnose all the edges to match the existing shelves.

Pretty dang sweet there! Be sure to take more pictures along the way!

:mug:

thanks for the props. I caught a break with the wife. she wasn't thrilled with the keezer. but she wanted the area removed for her fish tank, so I got my part of the project thrown in for doing the work and it put the keezer more out of the way/sight. to be honest, I can't call her "SWMBO" because I get away with a lot of projects/crap. I have brought home 3 junk yard vehicles over the years. 1 for parts and 2 for build projects.:mug:

ok, finally got more work done on this. finished bull nose, texture and paint. then had to deal with the tile /carpet issue (this was a lot of discussion). finally got it worked out and installed today. next is wheels on the keezer and grout on the tile.
PICT0005R.jpg

PICT0009R.jpg

PICT0011R.jpg

wheels are on and I will have to put tile under the keezer for a more polished look. luckily I have several more matching ones.
PICT0001R.jpg

thanks, my wife thought of making her own tile design, but it came down to the home depot mosaic was so much easier and looks better in the long run. I have some finish up stuff, like molding trim. but a space for the keezer is way cool.
if you notice, there is room for the next size up too, just in case I get to go bigger with more taps.:D

well, I finished it up today. ok, I do have to paint the little floor moulding corners when the glue dries. I also put the CO2 tank outside the keezer. it sits behind it now out of sight. I have 4 corny kegs getting ready for a home brew bday party this weekend. a good excuse to show off the new set up!:ban:
PICT0029R.jpg

PICT0031R.jpg

That does look great but wouldn't the aquarium work out better flat to the side so it opens up the area more and keeps the mosaic work clear? Is the aquarium cabinet finished on both sides?

That does look great but wouldn't the aquarium work out better flat to the side so it opens up the area more and keeps the mosaic work clear? Is the aquarium cabinet finished on both sides?

actually yes. we thought of that. but my wife wanted to be able to see the fish from both sides. we spend time in both rooms. the back is not totally finished, but the couch hides it enough(that's why it is placed on the side, not centered). I can cover it, if we want, later.

Nice job! Looks much better than the original divider. Do you have the keezer mounted on rollers or casters?

Latest posts

Back