What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO it's a "nothing special" ipa. Nothings wrong with it but nothing to write home about

20130802_185055.jpg

It is, indeed. I'm not drinking one now - I've finished their 20th Anniversary Strong Ale, and am about to dive into their Strawberry Rhubarb - but it's a nice sour. I'm more pleased, however, that New Glarus Brewing Co., nestled in a tiny town in a hilly plot of southern Wisconsin, is getting national attention. It almost compels me to make a day of a trip to New Glarus. I now have a hankerin' for Spätzle.

For the record, the New Glarus Strawberry Rhubarb tastes a lot like strawberries and rhubarb. I've never had a rhubarb beer before, and the last time I had strawberries associated with beer was a Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde, which was wretched. New experience, and a fun one. Sucks that I have to stop after this beer, because I have to leave at 4:45 tomorrow morning.

Two hearted. My go to IPA. Also mixing it up with my black IPA that turned out great!! My best beer yet by far!

andvari7 said:
It is, indeed. I'm not drinking one now - I've finished their 20th Anniversary Strong Ale, and am about to dive into their Strawberry Rhubarb - but it's a nice sour. I'm more pleased, however, that New Glarus Brewing Co., nestled in a tiny town in a hilly plot of southern Wisconsin, is getting national attention. It almost compels me to make a day of a trip to New Glarus. I now have a hankerin' for Spätzle.

I'd like to try the Strawberry Rhubarb. I'll be drinking the Serendipity I have soon. My parents live in Chicago and loved their trip up to New Glarus so I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to try more of their offerings.

Jusy going to go ahead and say I've had many local beers that are better than Pliny the Elder. Huge disappointment.

Cathedral said:
Jusy going to go ahead and say I've had many local beers that are better than Pliny the Elder. Huge disappointment.

I'm glad I got to try Pliny just so I can say I have, but I totally agree. I've had way better, less hyped, and easier to get IPAs.

Forgot to take a picture, but just had a sample of my 1.092OG dark sour. Saw another thread that used the same yeast/bug combo - t-58 & ECY02, so I thought I'd pull a sample. Down to 1.010ish (I didn't de-gas), quite tart, pie cherry, prune, and chocolate. Should be a really good beer at some point.

These Men Are Cowards, my blackberry stout + funk. It's nice.

Trying to decide what to brew this weekend, 2 empty carboys and I might buy another 5 gallon to free up a 6.5 that's got a long term beer and a lot of headspace.

Back