What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having an Old Chub with a couple Scotch eggs for early afternoon nosh. Yum. Nice caramel notes with a smooth sweetness. This would be heaven off a cask. Almost silky mouthfeel. Just wonderful.

Having an Old Chub

And this is why I want to quit my job, and start the first nationwide craft beer distribution company.

I can get Oskar Blues in Wisconsin. You can get Oskar Blues in Pennsylvania. But can I get Oskar Blues here in Nebraska, the state that borders Colorado, and through which the trucks, carrying the Oskar Blues to PA and WI, must travel?

No, of course I can't. :p

(Seriously, if anyone ever decides to start such a distro company, I'll work for ya. Only rule is Treat Beer Right. We'll pride ourself on proper storage and shipping, and we'll know never to skunk the beer, or set the pallet in a 110˚F room.)

I'm drinking the belz right now :)

belz.jpg

going to a brewers party tonight...lots of beer on tap, a friend is even breaking out some braggot and lots of other stuff from his cellar.

Stuck in a hotel room and polished off a bottle of Cuvee Euphorique, wild blue lager, Dundee Wheat and a Dundee IPA. Will be going to bed soon, speel cheek sucks when drunckt.

Great Divide Hercules Double IPA.

Gorgeous amber color that pours with a thick, fluffy head. Lots of sticky lace in the glass. There is a huge malt backbone here- caramel and toffee. Big citrus hop nose with all the piney, citrusy and woodsy notes you would expect from 85 IBUs worth of American C hops.

Green Flash Brewing Co. West Coat India Pale Ale.

A buddy of mine claims it's his favorite IPA, and it's really good. The label says they use Simcoe, Columbus, Centennial and Cascades, no wonder I like it so much.

Gin n Tonic.. staring at two full carboys begging me to be kegged.. tomorrow my child.. tomorrow morning bright and early..

Just finished a Hop Juice IIPA. Pretty damned good. Tomorrow will be a IIPA brew day as I've had a craving for hoppy beers lately and I need something to fill my early Christmas present from SWMBO (2 keg setup).:cross:

My Home-Grown-Hop Double IPA.

This stuff is so good. This keg is going to go fast. If anyone local wants some I'll bottle some 22's and arrange a swap.

Started the eve with a Jack and pepsi. Was working in the brewery doing a honey test on my Honey IIPA and wanted a brew, opened a jubelale 2008 from Deschutes. Its good darker than expected, hoppy as hell, a very complex brew, good stuff.
JJ

Started with a Great Lakes Brewing Burning River. Then got tired and stopped there. And I had a few lined up for tonight.

Lost Abbey Eye of the Magi

Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale

Several others at the pub that I can no longer remember. mmm it was a good night.

A glass of Widmer Brrr. Washing down peppered london broil and a pile of mashed potatoes the size of my ass.

And that's a lot of potatoes

OMG. That sounds so good. Mmm. London broil. Potatoes. *drooool*

Busch tallboys, housesitting for SWMBO's dad.

SNCA, I could drink it all day( I have before:drunk:) and I found Newcastle Brown Ale in cans. It's nice to not have it skunked. It is actually a good beer, which is something I could never say with the bottled version

I just saw those Newcastle cans around here, too, can't wait to pick up a bunch! Newcastle on tap is one of my favorite weekend drinkin' beers, in the bottle, not so much.

For moi, opening a New Glarus Alt first, then once it's warmed up to my liking, I'll be trying my bottle of DFH 90 tonight. After that... who knows? I'm out of all my Secret Santa beers after these two. :(

I guess I could break into my stash of Capitol Blonde Doppelbock in the basement, it's strong, and should be perfect drinking temperature (cold basement).

Moylan's Dragoons Dry Irish Stout. This is by far one of the best dry stouts I've had that was made in this country. Most are too big, sweet, or over the top bitter or roasty. This beer is clean, balanced and very chocolaty while still having some roast character and still has mouthfeel while being light and dry. I can see why it won Gold at the GABF in 2007.

My own Imperial IPA...goddam I think I hit the gold this time fellas! And not in the way I expected. I mean, it's an IIPA for sure but I think this is a dead ringer for a SN Harvest Ale. Huge pillowy head, tons of body, rich caramel, full bouquet of citrusy hops, and plenty of malt. And to top it all off a healthy 8.5% ABV...I've had one 22oz. and I'm hittin the hay! Peace and goodwill toward brewers!

I'm drinking a Rouge Deadliest Ale inspired by Captain Sig from the deadlest catch. Not sure the alc % but sure taste like a strong ale. IBU's are 80 but the hops not as present as a IIPA. Amarillo hops come through nicely. This is a really good beer. Also had a Left Hand Brewing Douple IPA. Lots and lots of hops. If i had to pick one i would go with the Douple IPA.

A Pale Ale from the Costco multi pack. This is brewed and bottled by Gordon Biersch for them. The German Lagar is really good, but sadly is is all gone :(

calling it a night... finishing with a St. Peter's English Ale.

Malty nose.
a little sweet on the tongue, followed by a floral bite.
At first, it reminded me of tobacco...
subsequent tastes revealed the hop bitterness.

This is getting better as it warms up.
Still some tobacco on the tongue... but it is not bad.

If I had a cigar to go with this... I'd be quite happy.

+10 for the really cool bottle.

this was a gift -- and it has been well received.

It is something to try. Call it a learning experience if needed.
Not something I'd buy as a habit -- but a very good change of pace from the west coast hoppy brews I tend to drink after work.

@Thataintchicken - St. Peter's Cream Stout is, in my opinion, very tasty as well, a very solid English beer to sip over an evening. :)

Back