home brewing abroad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranceamerica

Reaction score
had a couple of new friends over for dinner the other night - they were very interested in my new carboy full of pale ale - asked a lot of detailed questions about the process. they are iranian - and I learned that since iran is a muslim country, alcohol cannot be bought in the stores...so, many iranians brew their own beer at home. I'm a big fan of multiculturalism...and not a big fan of religious intolerance. so, I'm really happy to hear that we've got more in common than we'd thought...

Seems like all those muslim countries have a lot in common with Catholics and Protestants...(adhering only to the rules they want)...:D

Turkey is 97% Muslim and you can buy any alcohol you want almost anywhere in the country. ;)

I would think purchasing the ingredients seperately would not raise any eyebrows, but together would be a different story.

You can buy beer in most Muslim countries, especially those that are moderate and have secular governments. It may not always be easy to find outside the major cities, however.

Latest posts

Back