Garage Sale Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewin_Bob

Reaction score
I scored a 12 cubic foot, upright freezer at a garage sale this past weekend for $40! I saw it and said "There's my fermentation chamber!!" Only problem is that the coolant lines run through each shelf, as shown in the pics. Anyone know of how I can either remove or reposition the top and bottom most shelves without destroying the whole thing?

943ab05e.jpg

077da676.jpg

5a183a2c.jpg

Thanks a bunch!

Edit: That's better. So ... help?

Personally, I don't know if I would risk trying to remove the shelves or screwing with it at all with those coolant lines, but if I had to do something I would say let the whole thing warm up and very carefully bend the lines so the shelf is resting against the back of the freezer, maybe applying a little heat to soften the metal.

But again, I would suggest not screwing with it. Maybe find a rectangular fermenter that fits on the shelves.

how deep is it? if its deep enough for a cornie to fit in there on its side then you've got a killer kegerator. Or..... what if you put it on its back.. would it run the same? you might be able to put fermenters upright in there if hte thing is on its back or side... know what i mean?

Thanks. I PM'd Bobby_M this morning and he got back to me really quickly and posted the pic. It's pretty much what I want to do with my freezer. Just gotta be careful ...

Back