What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered more recipe kits, plus another carboy so I can brew two at a time or at least keep something in the hopper.

Oh, that and made thanksgiving dinner and put up Christmas lights.

Putting up a Christmas tree with the Family. Old Shasta Christmas festival and lighted Christmas parade and then bottle share, Nor Cal Brewing Solutions X-Mas party tonight! Whoo hooo! Its gonna be a ROCKEN weekend!

Cheers
Jay

I'm super jealous. I was going to go to that but ended up having to work today in Jeff City. Yuck.

Congrats on the score. That's quite a haul for free!

You local? I don't mind sharing a pound or something. I actually intended to share when I wound up with so many. No way I'll use that much cascade in the near future!

I've been brewing almost every weekend lately, so I think I will cold crash, gelatin, and bottle a lager and then bottle an ale. If I make time, I will bottle some Apfelwein as well. That will leave one batch in the fermenter, but it won't be ready to bottle for a week or two.

Ran snowblower for 3 hours moving 3' drifts out of my driveway and the neighbors... then came in frozen and decided I did not want to brew in the snow today... might make it to 22 on Friday. I can brew then, garden hose I need won't freeze solid as fast...

Planning a brew session for this or next weekend. May do both weekends. Time is getting short so I need two brews to finish my year correctly. I am thinking a Czech pilsner and a Westy 12 clone.

Transferring my lager to secondary to sit cold until New Years, harvesting the yeast and planning my next brew. Hoping to brew tomorrow if the rain holds off, prepping for a Weizen. Picking up some supplies from the LHBS later as well!

Stupid Holidays! I want to brew a Bo Pils, but I am pretty sure that's not happening. We're having stupid family over for stupid presents and stupid food.

Bah, I say! Bah Humbug!

;)

Helping on wiring and interior finish of a teammate's "Garagemahal" so we can move both racecars inside in one location to prep them for 2017.

I am actually looking forward to it as I have done as much with my hands lately and I need the DIY therapy. The tiling job in my kitchen of Thanksgiving reminded me home much I enjoy that stuff.

I particular the sense of accomplishment of seeing you finished work product every day...instead of knowing that you are teetering on the edge of another mystical system failure that can never be resolved...only mitigated (work sucks right now).

Big happenings for my family this next 2 weeks. Christmas Eve dinner tonight - I'm Polish and my wife's family is Hungarian, so it's a BIG production - and it's the first night of Chanukah (I'm half Jewish). Wife's extended family is coming up for a lunch early next week and then the wife and I are going away for a few days to recharge.

Everybody enjoy - Merry Christmas and Chanukah Sameach!

Stupid Holidays! I want to brew a Bo Pils, but I am pretty sure that's not happening. We're having stupid family over for stupid presents and stupid food.

Bah, I say! Bah Humbug!

;)

Serve 'em some beer. At least the beer isn't stupid.

Getting the tiller out tomorrow and clearing out the beds for the spring/summer vegetable garden. I till in chicken and cow manure also. Our last frost date is March 15th where I live, so I start my seeds in a week or so and the beds are ready when the seedlings/transplants are the correct size for transplanting.

John

Getting the tiller out tomorrow and clearing out the beds for the spring/summer vegetable garden. I till in chicken and cow manure also. Our last frost date is March 15th where I live, so I start my seeds in a week or so and the beds are ready when the seedlings/transplants are the correct size for transplanting.

John
Thanks for the reminder!

Put together my kitchen cabinets from Barker cabinets (RTA) for new kitchen island. Old one will be repurposed for basement brewery!

My wife is interviewing 2,000 miles from where we currently live, I'll be heading down there to see if it's someplace I'd be okay with living.

Transporting and chaperoning at the Maine State Winter Special Olympics, Sugarloaf USA/ Carrabassett valley.
It's my one weekend of selflessness to compensate for the rest of my year.... ;)

Trying to put a 3800 SC engine onto a T5 transmission then adding the who shebang to a 1948 Plymouth which is getting a 2003 Crown Vic front end. After that, we just have to make it all run and turn and stuff.

It may take more than one weekend.

Latest posts

Back