So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing a Shock Top clone right now. About to start chilling. Wife has been asking when I'll be done. I told her I'll be done when I get done.

Last edited:
Brewing @Wayne1 blue moon clone. This is a family favorite and will be served at my son’s wedding in October.

IMG_2813.jpeg

Started 2x 2.5 gallon batches of New World Cider (haven’t decided yet if I will keg them as-is or experiment with flavoring in secondary).

Kegged a gallon of lingonberry cider. And kegged ~4.5 gallons of salted caramel cider using a recipe posted by @Rish. Both of those should be ready to tap in about 2 weeks.

And of course, post-brew cleanup…

Planning to brew the reverse-engineered Tellen Faux buckwheat "lager" Sunday. Cereal mashing the buckwheat, keeping the overall mash temps high - but not too high - for better body using the Lutra yeast - all pretty complex for a novice such as myself; we'll see how this batch turns out.

Last edited:
Had a double brew day last weekend. First beer was my L'internationale Saison. I ferment with bootleg's Saison Parfait sach yeast and Bootleg's Funk Weapon #3 brett mix, co-pitched. The 2nd brew was a german pilsner step mashed, and whirlpooled with some homegrown hops.

Just mashed in on another version of cream ale. For this one I'm using both flaked corn in the mash and dextrose in the boil, to double-down on the corn flavor/aroma. Last keg of it kicked the other night, will ferment this one under pressure on 34/70 with an eye to having it done in a week or so. So yes, not technically an 'ale', but the last few batches with 34/70 have been very tasty.

Made a Tripel with an experimental trio of Aurora/Columbus/Amarillo.
Hi, I'm brewing a Tripel this weekend. 10 gallons using 20lbs of pils 5lbs of vienna 2lbs of aromatic 1 lb victory 2lbs of table sugar. 2oz of nugget 15.2 aa at boil and 2oz of saaz 2.5 aa at 60 mins 5 gl's with Imperial tripel/double yeast and 5 gl's using safbrew be-256. What do you think, and will this turn out?

Hi, I'm brewing a Tripel this weekend. 10 gallons using 20lbs of pils 5lbs of vienna 2lbs of aromatic 1 lb victory 2lbs of table sugar. 2oz of nugget 15.2 aa at boil and 2oz of saaz 2.5 aa at 60 mins 5 gl's with Imperial tripel/double yeast and 5 gl's using safbrew be-256. What do you think, and will this turn out?
Some will probably come here to post that a Tripel should be Pilsner malt and sugar, only. I like the idea of the Vienna addition; the aromatic (and maybe the victory) could be overkill. You want it to be high-alcohol but also easy-drinking.

Do you mean Nugget at 60 minutes (that is, 60 minutes left in the boil), and Saaz at flame-out (0 minutes left in the boil)? That should do fine.

I like Triple Double, but haven't used BE-256. The Internet is not so helpful on whether or not it is diastatic. If you haven't gone shopping yet, may I recommend Lallemand Abbaye?

I brewed five gallons of a 4% 20 IBU light lager last week. I pitched one WLP-833 pure pitch. It fermented fast in the low 60s at 15 psi in my allrounder. It's just a starter.

Yesterday I brewed a Festbier. I pressure transfered the light lager to a keg as the Festbier chilled. Then I pumped the festbier right in without even cleaning the allrounder. Today I have nearly 15 gallons fermenting strong.

festbier.jpg

I need a bigger kegerator and more kegs. They are all full. :(

Some will probably come here to post that a Tripel should be Pilsner malt and sugar, only. I like the idea of the Vienna addition; the aromatic (and maybe the victory) could be overkill. You want it to be high-alcohol but also easy-drinking.

Do you mean Nugget at 60 minutes (that is, 60 minutes left in the boil), and Saaz at flame-out (0 minutes left in the boil)? That should do fine.

I like Triple Double, but haven't used BE-256. The Internet is not so helpful on whether or not it is diastatic. If you haven't gone shopping yet, may I recommend Lallemand Abbaye?

I often use a bit of Wheat malt in the grain bill and very few added sugar. I also like the idea of Vienna but with the aromatic it might be too much indeed. It has to be subtle imho. I usually use Fermentis T58 (BE-256 or S-33 are great yeasts as well for tripels) as the main yeast but I recently found interest in the WLP720. That is the one I used in the experimental one (now in secondary with a bit of hops for a week).

Last edited:
Very interesting, love the color! What is the base beer?
It’s an adjunct lager, so English pale, about 1/3 purple corn, and just a touch of Munich. Somewhat aggressive with Lotus and Bergamot at 5 minutes, but not into cold IPA territory. Too hoppy for a cream ale, not quite as bitter as a New Zealand Pils (and the hops are from the wrong side of the world), not malty enough for a blonde.

Brewing a gluten free Lavender Saison (as I sip on some lavender sangria):

4L Rice
Munich Millet
Pale Oat
Pale Rice

Hallertau Mittelfruh
Hallertau Blanc
Barbe Rouge

Belle Saison

Brewing a gluten free Lavender Saison (as I sip on some lavender sangria):

4L Rice
Munich Millet
Pale Oat
Pale Rice

Hallertau Mittelfruh
Hallertau Blanc
Barbe Rouge

Belle Saison
If you can get your hands on some Lublin/Lubelski hops, they have a really nice lavender thing going on. Enough so that you could use then instead of actual lavender, or to complement.

Back