I like Bud Light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCGrayson

Reaction score
(I figured that title would draw some crowd in here to actually read my thread.)

Good Afternoon fellow homebrewers,

I've been thinking lately, and I'm going to voice my opinion. I really dont care who flames me or hates me for thinking this...but here goes...

Let me start by saying I love homebrewing, craft brews, and generally delicious suds. I've never really understood the stigma associated with BMC or all the anti BMC people out there. The majority of us found ourselves where we are today in part because of BMC. Part of my post was prompted by a video I found digging and hunting and searching,i don't even remember what the video was about...but that's not important. (I think it was a video about re-using a BMC home draft keg). What stuck with me though, was the author of the video openly saying he's boycotting BMC brews. Oh well.

My point of this post is this: I actually don't mind an ice cold bud light. I'm sure most of you will completely disagree, and that's fine. Maybe, just maybe, some of you can relate though.

A little bit about where i'm coming from: I play mens-league (read: beer league) ice hockey. One game a week, somewhat competitive, great fun. Every week someone volunteers to bring the brew for after the game (sometimes before also). I volunteered to bring the brew for the first game of our young season: 24 Bud Light cans. $21.04 after tax for the beer and a bag of ice. Not a bad way to please 13 thirsty gentlemen.

Let me just say.....nothing goes down smoother than an ice cold bud light after a hockey game. Call it what you want, piss water, watered down beer, or just plain water....but in all actuality, I think it's pretty damn good after an hour of skating.

Some might agree, most might not. Point being, we don't always have to put up our shields towards BMC. In some situations, it's preferred.

I have a mens-league game tonight at 10:00, and you can bet your bottom dollar I will gladly accept (and thoroughly enjoy) any BMC a teammate provides. That is all.

Discuss.

I drink BMC on summer days occasionally ... but never light !!! ... hahah ... maybe that's why I just had to buy some bigger pants ??

What's to discuss? You enjoy bud light, and that's great. I do not, and that's equally great. The best part about everyone's personal beer tastes is that they're personal, and should have zero impact on anyone else.

I agree with you in that I don't understand people bashing other people for liking bud light. But I also don't understand you including others in "Point being, we don't always have to put up our shields towards BMC. In some situations, it's preferred.". :D

(I figured that title would draw some crowd in here to actually read my thread.)

Good Afternoon fellow homebrewers,

I've been thinking lately, and I'm going to voice my opinion. I really dont care who flames me or hates me for thinking this...but here goes...
Discuss.

BUD LIGHT??? Come on man, really. Bud light??? That is just wrong. I would rather drink mexican water than a bud light.

Everyone knows that Miller lite is the best. :D

Nothing is better than an ice cold Bud Light after a couple of hours on the ice.

The only thing to enjoy about budlight is the fact that they can repeatedly make the same exact beer over and over and over. I respect that as a new homebrewer.

Other than the dollar beer nights I used to enjoy at the minor league hockey games..bud light is equal to a terd.

i don't really enjoy but light, but i do like PBR and high life (it's the champagne of beers.....maybe the cooks champagne, but champagne, nonetheless)

and find nothing wrong with you liking it.

My point of this post is this: I actually don't mind an ice cold bud light. I'm sure most of you will completely disagree, and that's fine. Maybe, just maybe, some of you can relate though.

I volunteered to bring the brew for the first game of our young season: 24 Bud Light cans. $21.04 after tax for the beer and a bag of ice. Not a bad way to please 13 thirsty gentlemen.

Discuss.

Cheap bastard.

BUD LIGHT??? Come on man, really. Bud light??? That is just wrong. I would rather drink mexican water than a bud light.

Everyone knows that Miller lite is the best. :D

+1.

(IN reality, although I'd choose a Miller over Bud, I'd really rather have a Schlitz, or PBR, or Michelob Original Lager. Any of the premium lagers over any light beer.

Bud light has to be the most flavorless "beer" ever made. (excepting any of the diet beers, which I don't really even count as beer.)

I'll drink water before I ever PAY for a bud light. :D

Now, if it's a hot Texas Summer day and someone happens to hand me a frosty bud light because that's all there is, well, I might as well be neighborly and quickly consume it.

You'll find quite a lot of folks on here are beer enthusiasts/geeks, not Beerdouche Snobs, many folks on here actually believe that beer is beer, and that all beer has it's place.

Except for a troll or two, you will find this thread really enlightening.

You'll find quite a lot of folks on here are beer enthusiasts/geeks, not Beerdouche Snobs, many folks on here actually believe that beer is beer, and that all beer has it's place.

Except for a troll or two, you will find this thread really enlightening.

I like all beers, some more than others, some i won't buy again, but I can drink a bud light every now and again. It's not by far the worst beer in the world. It's drinkable and if I could get that many people to buy my homebrew and make that much money off of it, like AB does, I would be happy. LOL

maybe something like Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry or Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic have to be two beers that I would pass on everytime, not on the top ten list.

(IN reality, although I'd choose a Miller over Bud, I'd really rather have a Schlitz, or PBR, or Michelob Original Lager. Any of the premium lagers over any light beer.

I actually much prefer regular bud over bud light. Honestly, Budweiser isn't too bad for what it is.

100 degrees out? give me a nice ice cold BMC
-30degrees nice heavy thick malty ale please . . .

the nice thing about beer is there is always a style to meet the occasion

I'll drink water before I ever PAY for a bud light. :D

Now, if it's a hot Texas Summer day and someone happens to hand me a frosty bud light because that's all there is, well, I might as well be neighborly and quickly consume it.

same here. I'm not gonna BUY it, but it would be rude of me to pass up a free beer.
and i wouldn't want to be rude.:mug:

we have been spoiled in pa by yuengling- their premium and lager is our bud light- i puked black and tan before i was 16. But i can say i am down the clown charlie brown and have pounded many different beers on all ends of the spectrum and will continue to always do so- nothing wrong with the bud light, if that makes you happy. Many times it's the company, the setting, and the situation that makes something taste a certain way, and they definitely shape the memories that serve to bring us back for another taste. I might point out that your choice of sport brings your manhood into question moreso than your choice of beverage...wink wink.

24 Bud Light cans. $21.04 after tax for the beer and a bag of ice. Not a bad way to please 13 thirsty gentlemen.

Discuss.

I don't see a problem and I don't think many people here would flame you for this, we all have our guilty pleasures. The problem I have with your post is 24 cans for 13 thirsty gentlemen after 1 hour of hockey? Please :)

Need some 30 packs or a case and a 12.
Our dart team goes thru a case after a grueling dart match :cross:

I enjoy some cold Coronas on hot days or ice cold Miller Lite after a day on the river. You just don't slam a craft beer down. Not the same.

'My stomach has room for craft and BMC'

I am drinking a Bud Light right now, it makes my homebrew taste really good. LOL

I never buy BMC, but I have no problem drinking them. As far as post bike ride/running refreshment, I always go with water. Alcohol is dehydrating and doesn't make sense to me to drink after working out or on a hot day. Maybe I'm wrong, but I will go with water or maybe Gatorade/Powerade.

Meh. I don't go out of my way to buy one, but honestly - after a few homebrews, I'm too drunk to notice or appreciate the taste of anything. Even Natty works, and its a hellufa lot cheaper than the good stuff.

Okay, maybe not Natty. -but you get the point.

There isn't a BMC out there that I wouldn't choose over SA Cranberry Lambic. Strokes for folks, man. There's a time and place for everything. Maybe that place isn't in every person's glass, or at every opportunity, but I've been known to enjoy a Natty or PBR light after a good game of Spring or Summer Ultimate.

As far as post bike ride/running refreshment, I always go with water. Alcohol is dehydrating and doesn't make sense to me to drink after working out or on a hot day. Maybe I'm wrong, but I will go with water or maybe Gatorade/Powerade.

Well.......................................... for me I don't actually "work out" all that often, but when I do I want to recover quickly. Therefor, when I return from a brisk wog (walking+jogging) I like to grab a nice pint. From what I understand the alcohol dilates the blood vessels aiding in circulation both removing toxic matter but speeding the delivery of oxygen and recovery of muscles:tank: Don't judge me I am just throwin this out there but there may be some science behind it. Google something about ... Tarahumara Leadville beer and you will find the world's greatest runners are fueled by beer.

Don't get me wrong I have no ambitions of running an ultra marathon fueled by beer and when I get home from my next wog I will drink a glass of water (followed by one of beer), but I don't think a post workout beer is wrong... I mean look at Michelob Ultra, they built a whole brand on post workout beer and we all know that big beer could never deceive us though marketing!

:mug: to the post exercise beer

Well.......................................... for me I don't actually "work out" all that often, but when I do I want to recover quickly. Therefor, when I return from a brisk wog (walking+jogging) I like to grab a nice pint. From what I understand the alcohol dilates the blood vessels aiding in circulation both removing toxic matter but speeding the delivery of oxygen and recovery of muscles:tank: Don't judge me I am just throwin this out there but there may be some science behind it. Google something about ... Tarahumara Leadville beer and you will find the world's greatest runners are fueled by beer.

Don't get me wrong I have no ambitions of running an ultra marathon fueled by beer and when I get home from my next wog I will drink a glass of water (followed by one of beer), but I don't think a post workout beer is wrong... I mean look at Michelob Ultra, they built a whole brand on post workout beer and we all know that big beer could never deceive us though marketing!

:mug: to the post exercise beer

Beer is liquid simple carbs, simple carbs are great for post workout. :mug:

Meh, if you like it, drink it. Nobody has to defend their taste in beer to anyone, IMHO.

Personally, I don't care for the taste of any light / diet beer, and I'm not a fan of any of the regular BMC beer either. Then again, if it's hot and I'm thirsty, and that's all that there is - I'll drink the stuff without complaint. I might even shotgun it and ask for another. :D

As far as industrial lagers go, I'd prefer a PBR or Hamms over a Bud, Miller, or Coors.

If an easy-drinking beer is what I'm after, I'd much rather have a Mirror Pond or Full Sail pale.

Beer is beer. If you like it, drink it - and give 'em the finger if someone turns their nose up to your choice.

Back