Building Kegerators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler-John

Reaction score
I am looking to build my own kegerator and I want to know the best way to do that. I have my own mini frig, but I need to get the rest of the equipment. I want to do this in a inexpensive manner, but I want good products. Can anyone help.

The easiest way is to buy a kit from one of the online stores or your LHBS if they have it.
Home Brew Keg Kit 5 Gallon Tank - Homebrew - Draft Beer Equipment

The cheaper way is to buy used on craigslist or something like that. You need
Co2 bottle
Regulator for Co2 bottle
Tower for the top or Faucet with shank to go through the door (depending on how you want to do it)
adapters for soda keg
6' of tubing
keg

Home Depot/Lowes will sell the tubing you need and if you buy used I would replace the lines with new ones. Also do a search on these forums, I'm sure someone has a guide on how to do it as well as a more in depth list of parts.

You can save some money on the tower if you use PVC pipe. A few people on here painted some PVC and used it as the tower and it looks pretty good.

thanks for the advice. the pvc pipe idea is going to save me a lot of money and I am finding some deals on craigslist but I am a little hesitant about that idea. I just want to make sure things will work well.Do people have a lot of trouble getting around the freon tubes on the top of the mini frig, or is that pretty easy to do?

Save yourself some dough and put your taps through the door. No drilling around refrigerant lines, no tower, no pvc. You can buy a cheap drip try or make one out of rain gutter and stick under your taps by magnets.

1f214a1393n63m53p88c24ca3a81f15d71d9c.jpg

14a13b1g53n23kc3pa8c25243105587231418.jpg

Back