Pasturizing in bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidat

Reaction score
Want to back sweeten with Agave Nector but using at this stage the PET bottles, guess thats not going to work with 190oC !
Only have access to priming for final carbanation no kegging.
Anyone tried the above with PETs?

190??? are you trying for nuclean fusion? if we are talking about killing yeast then you should be aiming for sustained (internal) temp around 65-75. pet goes a bit mis-shapen at that temp and under pressure, i wouldn't recommend it, but i have done it with a test bottle or two and they held carbonation. i would check if the plastic releases anything toxic at high temps, i have no idea about that.

190??? are you trying for nuclean fusion? if we are talking about killing yeast then you should be aiming for sustained (internal) temp around 65-75. pet goes a bit mis-shapen at that temp and under pressure, i wouldn't recommend it, but i have done it with a test bottle or two and they held carbonation. i would check if the plastic releases anything toxic at high temps, i have no idea about that.

190 degrees FARENHEIT, as in 87 degrees C.

Want to back sweeten with Agave Nector but using at this stage the PET bottles, guess thats not going to work with 190oC !

this says 190 C, which i'm pretty sure in F is over six thousand degrees

on that note is it true what we learned in school, that 100 degrees F is the temperature of a cow's anus? that sums up the utility of the F scale imo

[end rant]

I wouldn't bother pasteurising with PET bottles, just shove 'em in the fridge.

Back