I guess I'm a drug dealer now?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously just say "look I am Legally able to brew beer for my own consumption. Do you have a problem with that ? "

Logic, thy name is Kylito87. No need to act like a vengeful kid when the neighbors try getting the local fuzz involved. Head back to their house, be succinct and to the point, and just explain that you noticed their wandering eyes and you want to explain what they were seeing. All of this Rambo-esque behavior won't get you anything but another annoying visit from the local PD and more rumors being spread by your nosy neighbors.

Well, I tried talking to them today and the guy just ignored me and went inside. I had the opportunity to talk to the local PD. The officer laughed and said. Yup you in fact have some nosy neighbors. They call the PD at least once a week about suspicious activity. Guess I'm stuck

18 year old me would say throw rocks at the cops :rockin:
28 year old me says make friends with the cops and give them an open invitation for a homebrew when they're off duty :mug:

22 year old me would say get those bastard neighbours in trouble with the cops, before the reverse happens. Also most cops seem alright, just casually invite a few over one weekend for pool, darts and a few coldies. That'll work wonders! Make sure they aren't driving afterwards though, dunno how "intentionally intoxicating an off duty officer of the law, for malicious intent" would go down if they get the breatho put on them the next day when they go to work and blow over

Why do people keep suggesting wasting homebrew on horrible neighbors? The only beer you should leave them is one you are either going to dump, or a potential bottle bomb.*

*please don't leave bottle bombs, this will leave you liable to civil damages, and was only said in jest. (decent legal disclaimer?)

So they don't call the cops and leave you dealing with some stupid bull****.

cheezydemon3 said:
It's the last thing he needs, but are you really offering to go up against them for him?

That is awesome.

do you wear a cape?

;)

I'm a ninja!

mux said:
i'm a ninja!

image-1552115590.jpg

Beer is societies grease. Use it. Brew out front, invite the whole neighborhood, invite some brewing buddies/friends over. Pull out the grill and cook burgers and hot dogs. Serve some homebrew. Make it a social event.

Hint: Now you have some help when its time to clean up.

Sneak attack homebrew supersoaker.:p Homebrew water ballons?Alliance with kids-if you have them.Homebrew right in the face of the fence. Its not wasting homebrew its sharing it. Really i would take a mirror and shine it in their eyes if i seen that,maybe a cat lasor if i didnt know they were harmfull.

Cops are people and nosy neighbors are people as well. You may or may not be able to get along with everyone all the time but it sure does not hurt to try.

I live out in the country where I can step off my porch and shoot at a target I got set up in the pasture. I had a neighbor though a 1/4 of a mile away call the cops on me for doing just that. I explained to the cops what I do and showed them my set up and dang but they want to come over an use my range to zero their rifles for hunting season.

Short of the story is I tried to be friends with the neighbors and failed but I met some cool people who I take hunting with me now because of the lousy neighbors.

I like the idea of inviting the cops over for burgers and beer. Of course I like any reason to fire up the grill and crack some cold ones

well just to update, I was brewing my Bavarian Hefeweizen, when the the neighbor finally decided to ask "what the **** am i doing?" I told him i brew craft beer for a hobby! He stated "what you been you make like real beer?" i laught and tried to explain it to him. He chuckled and said " just wait tell the cops hear about your illigal activity.
Well there are some people, that no matter how hard u try are just no approchable

well just to update, I was brewing my Bavarian Hefeweizen, when the the neighbor finally decided to ask "what the **** am i doing?" I told him i brew craft beer for a hobby! He stated "what you been you make like real beer?" i laught and tried to explain it to him. He chuckled and said " just wait tell the cops hear about your illigal activity.
Well there are some people, that no matter how hard u try are just no approchable

Wait.....so he wasn't even joking about that last part?

And I would never be able to "shoot the ****" with any officer around here as I drink beer while shooting. The officers here would arrest me for possession of a firearm while under the influence. I hate those bastards. Well, most would. I'd probably be fine in the town I live in now as long as I wasn't speeding. That's the only law they know exists.

:off:

FWIW, MO law changed a while back, and there is no crime in possessing a firearm while under the influence provided you have a valid CCW. As long as you aren't being a peckerhead and brandishing it, you're in the clear. If behind the wheel, on the other hand... that could pose a problem.

Its a real shame you're out in Cali... In MO you could more than likely get away with shooting this prick for suspicious activity on your property. Have you looked into perhaps the legality of an electric fence? Perhaps with the proper signage it could be kosher. But be sure to put the signs a good distance from where the guy typically spies on you.

As an officer I have found that most neighborhoods have "that guy or gall" who will call on anything they see. Those callers are just as annoying to us. The officers working your area are probably well aware of your neighbor and should take anything they report with a grain of salt.

As an officer I have found that most neighborhoods have "that guy or gall" who will call on anything they see. Those callers are just as annoying to us. The officers working your area are probably well aware of your neighbor and should take anything they report with a grain of salt.

As an officer, what would your reaction be if someone called and complained about one of those guys or galls and asked you to politely tell that person to mind their own bussiness and respect their neighbours' privacy? Would you do it?
I just thought it would be pretty funny if the OP's neighbor got a knock on their door to tell them to stop stirring ****, I mean after all is it not deformation if they are telling the neighborhood this guys a crack dealer?

There are a couple of factors here. It is generally legal for the neighbor to look as long as the neighbor is on his property or on a public way. Telling the neighborhood that OP is a dealer could be a different story depending on how the law is written in OP's state. If I were in his spot I would just keep on brewing. If police get called by the neighbor I would explain what I am doing and ask the officers to speak with the neighbor to inform him of the legality of home brewing. The officer will probably love to have that talk with the neighbor ;)

You should hand hhim a phone and tell him to call. You already talked to the cops and they are already aware that you brew. Mabye bring told by the cops that what you are doing is OK will give your neighbor some peace of mind:D

I've love to hear his explanation as to how he thinks boiling beer flavored water is a crime. You could call the cops the next time his wife turns on the stove. Seriously, I'm moving into a new neighborhood in a couple of months. It's a conservative suburban community where my soon to be wife lives. Please let me be free of neighbors like that.

Sorry to go off topic, but if a white South African live in the US, does that makes them African American?

No, that makes them a South African American.

Different from an African South American...

Trust me. I know these things. I come from West Central Northern Lower Michigan.

I have an older neighbor that threatened to call the police on me because I grow poppies. He said "it's illegal to grow those! Are you making opium?".. I said, "um, excuse me, but it IS NOT illegal to grow poppies, and I bought the seeds at Lowes! And for the record I don't make opium!".. This coming from the same nasty old man that would walk around his back yard in his boxers while my 9 year old daughter was playing in our back yard and could see him. Not long after I put up a nice 8ft tall wood fence and never heard a peep out of him again. This was almost 10 years ago.
To the OP, just keep brewing and ignore your idiot neighbor. You're not doing anything wrong, and you have nothing to worry about.

Sorry to go off topic, but if a white South African live in the US, does that makes them African American?

Local school in the area had an "African American Student of the Year" award. Student who's family had just moved to the area from from South Africa was voted unanimously for the award. School said he couldn't receive the award because he wasn't a "True" African American. :(

I guess the answer is no.

Local school in the area had an "African American Student of the Year" award. Student who's family had just moved to the area from from South Africa was voted unanimously for the award. School said he couldn't receive the award because he wasn't a "True" African American. :(

shaking my head

People are dumb sometimes, eh....

Back